PDA

View Full Version : is the yfz all that much better than the 450r

KOG
02-27-2004, 02:43 PM
i know that they are close but has any one realy went one on one with the yfz and beat it or lost and even the preds are they better than the honda

Blown 331
02-27-2004, 02:50 PM
crack kills

kazpr
02-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Some guy told me the 400ex is a better bike better go buy one :devil:

Honda
02-27-2004, 03:11 PM
How many times has this topic been discussed?

sjw1176
02-27-2004, 04:38 PM
both are good quads i have a 450r and my buddy has a yzf450, the power is totally different. the 450r has a ton of low end power and torque with good mid and highs through the power band. the yamaha has a different throttle response it doesnt hit like the 450r in the bottom end but once you get the rpms up the yamaha takes off. both are great quads its a toss up what ever you want...........

psd1
02-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by KOG
i know that they are close but has any one realy went one on one with the yfz and beat it or lost and even the preds are they better than the honda

No, they arent all that much better, but according to the last 3 magazine tests they are better. But only by a slim margin!

I hate to say it, but it doesnt sound like the Pred is in the same ballpark... :rolleyes:

JWhite
02-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Depends who's riding it. I sold my YFZ and am much happier with the TRX. :D

z400ACDC
02-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by JWhite
That YFZ had to much power for didn't it;)

psd1
02-27-2004, 07:18 PM

I dont think it does matter who is riding it. Not a single review that I have read said that any of the test riders would prefer the TRX...maybe your one of one!?!?! :eek:

sled_ed 300ex
02-27-2004, 07:37 PM
You guys all talked about the power and the throttle response but is the trx better in handling then the yamaha:confused: !!!

psd1
02-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by sled_ed 300ex
You guys all talked about the power and the throttle response but is the trx better in handling then the yamaha:confused: !!!

Dude, grab $12, go to the magazine store & buy the most recent top three ATV mags and read what they say. It all pans out pretty much the same.

Or, if you have an extra 30 minutes and a reader friendly store, just stop in and read the mag reviews...cut & dried for all to see!

jarsong
02-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by sled_ed 300ex

Nope. YFZ outperforms. I think the TRX is what 0 for 4 in shootouts? Even switching riders. Seems like the competition just might have to admit the YFZ is the best production quad ever made. YFZ ATV of the year I heard??
jarsong

Chef
02-27-2004, 08:15 PM
You know whats great? Dirtwheels has always been full of BS, and the same people own 2 out of those 3, maybe 3 out of the 3, magazines. After putting a considerable amount more time on the YFZ than the Honda, I can honestly say I like the Honda 35x better.

joe1l
02-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Chef, you must be a wise man!!!

Chef
02-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by joe1l
Chef, you must be a wise man!!!

I have my days. :blah:

rtyfz450
02-27-2004, 09:02 PM
I don't think the yfz out performs the r I think they both have good qualities and bad for one person or another. Like alot of people have said including me, try to ride one not listen to what a magazine has to say. I like both bikes, its a tuff choice ride both and find out for yourself:devil:

JWhite
02-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
That YFZ had to much power for didn't it;)

Truthfully buddy, NOT ENOUGH BOTTOM, NOT ENOUGH TORQUE, and TYPICAL YAMAHA QUALITY.

Besides, put a piston in the TRX with the same compression ratio as the YFZ...and BYE BYE BIRDIE! :blah:

I like the HONDA 10 times better.

jarsong
02-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by rtyfz450
I don't think the yfz out performs the r I think they both have good qualities and bad for one person or another. Like alot of people have said including me, try to ride one not listen to what a magazine has to say. I like both bikes, its a tuff choice ride both and find out for yourself:devil:

It's like polar bears. You don't need to study every polar bear to under stand the life style they live. You only need a small sample. Pretty much the same with quads. You think EVERY magazine is wrong and biased to Yamaha? Even switching riders? You think all the private races that have YFZ beating the 450R are making up the stories to? Granted they are close, but I think it's pretty safe to say the YFZ can generally take a 450R with non pro riders. There will always be a case where a non competent rider get beat by anything because he doesn't know to ride.
jarsong

MX#9
02-28-2004, 07:12 AM
As I was waiting for my wife to meet me for dinner,I stepped into the magazine store. I looked at every mag that had a shootout,the yfz was said to be the clear winner in the high performance shootouts in most mags. Some of the mags are pussies and won't say it is cut and dried, when you can tell it is by the way they write the article. All the editors and test riders are not biased,they are not all squid riders either. Plain and simple,the YFZ is a better production quad for the people who are planning to race mx,deal with it. It does not change my mind about the machine I bought,I did not like the YFZ. I will say it again,no magazine has ever made up my mind for me and it should not for anyone else either. The Mags are not all paid off either,if they were the Honda would have won them all as they have the deepest pockets. If I decide to race mx with my 450r it appears I will have to work a little harder than the guys on the YFZ. It can be done.

JWhite
02-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Shootouts DO GOTO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!

Lets see. To make a quad an MX quad. MOST people will do arms/shocks. That right there will get the height and width of both machines whereever one wants them. The powercurves of both machines will shine in different places. Put a equall compression ratio piston in the TRX and the TRX will have a lot more than a 1 hp advantage and more torque also. The TRX powerplant is much more usable and trackable.

We'll see what happens on the tracks when we start putting pistons and the rest of the goodies on our R's.

You Yamaha guys are already whining about it.

You see, Honda built a better machne for riders in general. A lot of people were expecting the TRX to be an all out MX machine. That would have been stupid of Honda to do that. Most people who buy these are RECREATIONAL riders.

Give it a couple years and we'll see how many TRX's are sold, and how many are winning. I bet it will be MORE than that YFZ.

I wouldn't trade 2 YFZ's for my TRX. :blah:

Blown 331
02-28-2004, 08:40 AM

Lets see. To make a quad an MX quad. MOST people will do arms/shocks. That right there will get the height and width of both machines whereever one wants them. The powercurves of both machines will shine in different places. Put a equall compression ratio piston in the TRX and the TRX will have a lot more than a 1 hp advantage and more torque also. The TRX powerplant is much more usable and trackable.

We'll see what happens on the tracks when we start putting pistons and the rest of the goodies on our R's.

You see, Honda built a better machne for riders in general. A lot of people were expecting the TRX to be an all out MX machine. That would have been stupid of Honda to do that. Most people who buy these are RECREATIONAL riders.

Give it a couple years and we'll see how many TRX's are sold, and how many are winning. I bet it will be MORE than that YFZ.

That was the best post I have ever read. Who cares what they do stock, who is going to MX a stock quad? And yes I bought my R for recreational use and I love it.

Chanman420q
02-28-2004, 10:08 AM
if u like a 4 stroke feel go with the TRX450 if u like the 2 stroke type power the yfz is better for you.

both machines are great, just get the one that puts the power where u want it.

naturally 4 strokes have more tourge... the trx has the tourge

2 strokes are revvers and always screem on the top end, and the yfz is just that.

so get what u feel ull better on

markeg192
02-28-2004, 12:52 PM
I think if you have tons of talent you might like the YFZ better but, the masses will favor and be faster on the Honda.

Texasrider
02-28-2004, 02:31 PM

Keep preachin' the good word my brother!!!:)

ProConcept
02-28-2004, 06:07 PM
One thing I dont understand is when I read the dirt rider 250cc bike shootout. They picked the CRF450 R as the best bike because of user friendliness, hell the yzf 450f wasnt even in the top 3, and for some reason they don't do that for 4-wheelers. But since a similar motor is in the TRX, and everyone is saying about user friendliness with the TRX, im going to get that.

LostCause439
02-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Truthfully buddy, NOT ENOUGH BOTTOM, NOT ENOUGH TORQUE, and TYPICAL YAMAHA QUALITY.

Besides, put a piston in the TRX with the same compression ratio as the YFZ...and BYE BYE BIRDIE! :blah:

I like the HONDA 10 times better.
WOAH, your crazy as hell!?!?!?! :eek2: Both quads are fuggin great but your out of your mind , i dont believe you have even ridding a YFZ

LostCause439
02-28-2004, 06:33 PM
You see, Honda built a better machne for riders in general. A lot of people were expecting the TRX to be an all out MX machine. That would have been stupid of Honda to do that. Most people who buy these are RECREATIONAL riders. -Jwhite

Umm no they built an MX based quad, do some research

JWhite
02-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by LostCause439
WOAH, your crazy as hell!?!?!?! :eek2: Both quads are fuggin great but your out of your mind , i dont believe you have even ridding a YFZ

Owned one for about 7 months. :blah:

Oregonduner
02-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Why did you trade down? That does make any sense.:confused:

450ex
02-28-2004, 08:24 PM
i have both bikes

both are long travel laegers

peps on the yfz and axis on the r

both will be at florida for the national

in stock form the yfz will beat every time get over it

but now that the r is squatted

dude that thing rips on the track

im riding the r in florida

it is simply a better bike

the yfz is a great bike maybe even a little faster drag racing
but on the track the honda is king

don't hate the truth

if you dont believe me look for the tand t motorsports trailor

ill let you ride both then make your remark

hsr
02-28-2004, 10:29 PM
the honda has serious potential , seriously

psd1
02-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Everyone keeps talking about adding this & adding that. The mags test them stock & with the hop-up kits that both companys sell. The YFZ is still winning. Throw 3-5 large at either one & of course it will be untouchable to a stock bike.

Honda did tout this as an MX bike...hence the R. The fact that it may be a better all around bike is NOT because they wanted it that way. On the track, stock with equal riders the YFZ seems to be the better bike.

Buy what will make you happy & deal with the fact that it may NOT be the best track (TRX) or best trail (YFZ) bike there is stock.

Honda will probably sell more units once people figure out that they are a great trail bike, but for MX competition, out of the box, all the mags are saying the YFZ is the choice. I guess if you want to dream that ALL mags are paid by big brother Yamaha and that will help you sleep at night go ahead, but I dont believe it.

Quit hating on the YFZ, damn allot of you guys would buy the Honda even if was PROVEN to be less of a bike all the way around, that's called brand loyalty. If it sells allot of units then Honda will be the $ winner, even though they wont win every race.

Quad_Racer_78
02-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Don't have a quad at the moment, but am planning to get one. I knew Yamaha and Honda were going to release their new quads at the same time so I decided to wait for the shoot out. Now that I've read the magazine articles, went to the web sites, been to the dealers and have done my homework, I am going to go with the TRX 450R. I am not biased about either brand, actually been a Suzuki rider for a long time. The 450R just came up on top on every level I could think of. After a lot of thinking the 450R is just a better buy. The mags said the the quads were almost identical in the drag races and the handling on them was the same. Only difference I can see is that you have to pay $400+ for a bit more top end for the YFZ, and since it is built as an mx'er, the dependability is a bit lower than the 450R. If I plan to mx the 450R later I will just purchase a new piston and camshaft for a bit less money. But I don't see how the two are even in the same category anyway. Yamaha did a great job building an mx quad. Honda came out with a regular sport quad that's right on par with it. If anything, I'm impressed. I'm sure Honda can come out with an mx style quad for a few more hundred that can take the yfz. I guess that's what Tim Farr has been beating everyone with! Of course, his is more then a few hundred dollars more!

Quad_Racer_78
02-28-2004, 11:55 PM
PSD1, you are right though, the yamaha is a better quad for mx out of the box.

Barely legal
02-29-2004, 01:26 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by LostCause439
WOAH, your crazy as hell!?!?!?! Both quads are fuggin great but your out of your mind , i dont believe you have even ridding a YFZ
Owned one for about 7 months. :blah:

Me too. Is yours stock or something? Put a slip on the YFZ and you'll have all kinda torque. I can't believe you were setup correctly. I can barely keep the front end down through the first 4 gears. It's been bullet proof too.

Both seem to be great quads and closely matched. The YFZ is somewhat better at pretty much everything out of the box. You can make anything as fast as you want with $$$. Simple as that. I wish the new Suzuki 450 would hurry up and come out so both Honda and Yamaha riders can start argueing about that. ;)

markeg192
02-29-2004, 08:55 AM
Does anyone else think if there was more Hondas in the GNC and GNCC pro classes that they might win a shootout? There are no Hondas in the GNCC pro class and 1 in the GNC Pro class, Right? Of course the YFZ will do bettter and that is why they keep winning the shootouts. The guys at the Mags are just like the rest of us and like to be right.

thenad21
02-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted
[BShootouts DO GOTO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!

I wouldn't trade 2 YFZ's for my TRX. . [/B]

very true im ony 13 but while back when honda made ther first scooter it said ull meet friendly people on a honda. so yea i personally like the 450r better and i will be gettin one soon:)

Scottie Mac
02-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I have ridden both, and like both, a lot. The only reason I don't care for the 450r is that it doesn't have the electric start (yes, am a racer, I would rather have elec and a kicker, than a kicker ANYDAY) Also, I don't like the wide tank or the higher ride height of the Honda. But, I still like the machine. As I have said a million times, ride both, make up your own mind.

Also, anyone saying the Honda with a high comp piston and cams is going to walk away from a YFZ is crazy. The TRX, with all the stuff, is going to be no more than equal of a set up CRF based quad. I race against CRF bikes all the time, have no problem holeshotting them. Look on tour, Farrs motors keep blowing trying to keep up with piped, cam modded, jetted YFZs. It takes a lot of money to get a TRX up to "race" power, where for about 500 bucks, you are there on a YFZ.

If you have money to burn, you can't go wrong, buy one, mod the hell out of it and go! If you don't, ride them both, make up your own mind! Which ever one is best suited for your needs, go for it.

Scott

JWhite
02-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
I have ridden both, and like both, a lot. The only reason I don't care for the 450r is that it doesn't have the electric start (yes, am a racer, I would rather have elec and a kicker, than a kicker ANYDAY) Also, I don't like the wide tank or the higher ride height of the Honda. But, I still like the machine. As I have said a million times, ride both, make up your own mind.

Also, anyone saying the Honda with a high comp piston and cams is going to walk away from a YFZ is crazy. The TRX, with all the stuff, is going to be no more than equal of a set up CRF based quad. I race against CRF bikes all the time, have no problem holeshotting them. Look on tour, Farrs motors keep blowing trying to keep up with piped, cam modded, jetted YFZs. It takes a lot of money to get a TRX up to "race" power, where for about 500 bucks, you are there on a YFZ.

If you have money to burn, you can't go wrong, buy one, mod the hell out of it and go! If you don't, ride them both, make up your own mind! Which ever one is best suited for your needs, go for it.

Scott

It goes on and on...:D

Pro400EXC
02-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jarsong
Nope. YFZ outperforms. I think the TRX is what 0 for 4 in shootouts? Even switching riders. Seems like the competition just might have to admit the YFZ is the best production quad ever made. YFZ ATV of the year I heard??
jarsong

I woulda have to disagree....

The Cannondale is the best made..well IMO
....Its a few yrs ahead of the competition.....

br549
02-29-2004, 08:09 PM
:macho I own both the Honda & the Yfz. I don't think the Yamaha is FASTER I
KNOW it is. The Honda has the HRC kit. The Yami has JUST a slip on pipe, K&N & a jet & FREE cam mod!!! And when I say FASTER I mean WAY FASTER!!!!!!!!

joe1l
02-29-2004, 08:21 PM
I own both the Honda & the Yfz. I don't think the Yamaha is FASTER I KNOW it is. The Honda has the HRC kit. The Yami has JUST a slip on pipe, K&N & a jet & FREE cam mod!!! And when I say FASTER I mean WAY FASTER!!!!!!!!

Your the first person who owns both, that has said that!

I guess I should sell my 450R.....not

BigThumper33
02-29-2004, 08:28 PM

Scott

Its funny how the crf450 got the bike of the year, and the yzf wasn't even in 2nd place. Yet your yfz450, can holeshot a crf based quad... Riiiight. This wouldn't be perhaps a stock crf would it? lol :rolleyes:

br549
02-29-2004, 09:24 PM
:blah: YES! YES! & YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blah:

r450rr
02-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by br549
:blah: YES! YES! & YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blah:

nastradomus... dont beleive your going to last long on this site. Prediction. no flammin please,

Scottie Mac
03-01-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by BigThumper33
Its funny how the crf450 got the bike of the year, and the yzf wasn't even in 2nd place. Yet your yfz450, can holeshot a crf based quad... Riiiight. This wouldn't be perhaps a stock crf would it? lol :rolleyes:

Funny how if you knew ANYTHING about bikes, you would know that the CRF wins the shootouts because of handling and a more user friendly motor in a bike frame. ALL of the mags (bike mags) complain that the yz450f motor is too much on a bike frame unless you are a pro caliber rider. BUT, when you are dealing with quads, can you ever really have too much power???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

I am about the least brand loyal person there is, I have had pro caliber full aftermarket 250Rs (including one of Joe Byrd's old race bikes) as well as an all aftermarket 426 bike. I would ride a Kasea if it gave me the best chance to win. I picked the machine with the best combination of handling and power, and I got it.

Now, if you want to argue, simply supply facts that prove me wrong. Look at the pro and a, and B classes on tour. The only two people who aren't riding YFZs are being PAID TO RIDE SOMETHING ELSE. At the last round of the Nationals last year, John Natalie won the pro class and the production class on a YFZ with a pipe, cam mod and K&N. (not to mention all the handling stuff) Now, I am pretty sure there were quite a few "built" crfs in those races, just like there were a few at the Dirt Riot and the 1st round of the Glen Helen races. Facts, not speculation. If you don't like the facts, that is your problem.

Now, I am SURE Tim Farr will win some races this year. He is too good and Honda has too much money and technology not to win. But, he has his work cut out for him.

My earlier comments were to the talk that a pistoned TRX was going to walk away from a YFZ. SOrry, don't think it is going to happen. These two motors are too close, moded or not for that to happen. Truth be told, Gust had the most powerfull motor at the first round of the Nationals. Does that mean the Z is better than both?

If everyone on this site was a little less brand biased and a little more openminded, we would all get along a lot better. But, I guess that is like pissing in the wind.

Scott

AT least I know that Pappy understands me, then again, he is an adult, like me. I htink I am getting too old for this site. :(

Pappy
03-01-2004, 07:34 AM
i usually look at these threads, and when i start shaking my head ruefully, i then look at who is posting what. i take in who they are, i search their posts and normally i find that the person making me angry is a nobody. ...then i rationalize that if all this person has to do is bash and claim his is better then yours i kinda figure the mentality level of the individual and the fact that there is only a handfull of people i'd listen too in this world:p

i think pshychologists refer to this syndrome as " insecure reasoning coupled with lack of self worth"

pappy calls it " shut the **** and ride :devil:

KILLAQuad
03-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Pappy i couldnt agree with you more :D

BigThumper33
03-01-2004, 03:58 PM
scott did you just contradict yourself? You just said when refering to the trx with a piston not being able to walk away from a yfz, that the motors were too close.... Too close? Didn't you just get done saying that your yfz can holeshot a crf powered quad? I think your jumping back and forth to much for me....

The last bike mag I got had the crf450f all across the board as bike of the year. Amazingly enough, there were Pro and amatuers voting... :rolleyes:

psd1
03-01-2004, 04:25 PM
[
The last bike mag I got had the crf450f all across the board as bike of the year. Amazingly enough, there were Pro and amatuers voting... :rolleyes: [/B]

Yea, but Honda paid em...:D

joe1l
03-01-2004, 04:47 PM
My suggestion is ban all threads that have the words YFZ and TRX togethor in them!! This will keep fights were nobody is right from happening. Lets face it these quads are soo close that it is all up to the person modding them and riding them. Somebody put an end to all the maddness please!!!:D

psd1
03-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by joe1l
My suggestion is ban all threads that have the words YFZ and TRX togethor in them!! This will keep fights were nobody is right from happening. Lets face it these quads are soo close that it is all up to the person modding them and riding them. Somebody put an end to all the maddness please!!!:D

What fun would that be???

BigThumper33
03-01-2004, 04:57 PM
it would stop all the crap talk and we could talk about more technical stuff!! Thats what fun it would be!

I fully believe both quads are awesome and too close to argue. I only get flustered when these yfz trash talkers come over here and only try to put the TRX down. I don't go over to bluetraxx and say anything, nor do I just come out on this forum making up stupid trash talk about the yfz... :macho

psd1
03-01-2004, 05:11 PM
it would stop all the crap talk and we could talk about more technical stuff!! Thats what fun it would be!

I fully believe both quads are awesome and too close to argue. I only get flustered when these yfz trash talkers come over here and only try to put the TRX down. I don't go over to bluetraxx and say anything, nor do I just come out on this forum making up stupid trash talk about the yfz... :macho

Well, there are allot of trash talkers in the world. Like Pappy said, take a look at the source, if it looks like it's a troll, disregard them.It's probably just a bunch of 7th graders... Quit being so hyper-sensitive about the TRX.

I've said it before, they are both great bikes, ten times better than anything we had available 5 years ago. Spend your $ where you want & quit worrying about what others say.

Back on topic: I still dont believe that theyr is a conspiracy and that the YFZ is a better performer at the track...we will have to wait and see on the strip!

Scottie Mac
03-01-2004, 07:34 PM
scott did you just contradict yourself? You just said when refering to the trx with a piston not being able to walk away from a yfz, that the motors were too close.... Too close? Didn't you just get done saying that your yfz can holeshot a crf powered quad? I think your jumping back and forth to much for me....

The last bike mag I got had the crf450f all across the board as bike of the year. Amazingly enough, there were Pro and amatuers voting... :rolleyes:

Someone on here made the comment that a pistoned, cammed, piped TRX was going to say "bye bye" to a yfz on the course. I said that a properly set up TRX was going to be, AT BEST, about the same power as a CRF powered quad. I have holeshotted and beat CRF based quads. Wasn't like I walked away, it was close. Sorry if I made it sound as if it was a white wash. My point is that when propely set up, both quads will be very close on the course. After the first turn, it is all rider anyway. That better?

And if you actually read the articles on the crf bike, like I said, it wins because of handling. They always complain that the YF450F has too much power for a bike frame. Don't believe me, go to Barnes and Noble and read for yourself.

Scott

JWhite
03-01-2004, 07:57 PM
lmao...:D

BigThumper33
03-01-2004, 08:24 PM
I never knew there was such a thing as too much power. lol :devil:

jarsong
03-01-2004, 09:08 PM

Hey lot's of times I check into the forums to see what people are fighting about this week... Only so much technical stuff you can talk about then everyone start snoring and goes away. Really. But like PSD1 stated, your all pretty sensitive to the 450R and lash back at the YFZ owners. Look at the second post in this thread,

crack kills

You think this will start a fight in a hurry? I mean really... You'll see the same thing almost in every post compairing the two, usually not from a YFZ owner.... Can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen....
jarsong
:macho

jamiesel
03-02-2004, 12:06 AM
I have rode both bikes. I like the way the honda shocks are but I am not always going fast. The yamaha is better for high speed mx.

BigThumper33
03-02-2004, 02:04 AM
We are pretty sensitive? :rolleyes: Make one comment on the yfz reliablity in any way shape or form and you have herds of yamie heads crying like someone stole their bottle.

Perhaps us honda fans can be considered "sensitive" because most of the members on the site say the yfz is a great quad, while a lot of the yfz posters put the trx down like its a snail.

biohazard1.2
03-02-2004, 04:08 AM
Funny how if you knew ANYTHING about bikes, you would know that the CRF wins the shootouts because of handling and a more user friendly motor in a bike frame. ALL of the mags (bike mags) complain that the yz450f motor is too much on a bike frame unless you are a pro caliber rider. BUT, when you are dealing with quads, can you ever really have too much power???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

I am about the least brand loyal person there is, I have had pro caliber full aftermarket 250Rs (including one of Joe Byrd's old race bikes) as well as an all aftermarket 426 bike. I would ride a Kasea if it gave me the best chance to win. I picked the machine with the best combination of handling and power, and I got it.

Now, if you want to argue, simply supply facts that prove me wrong. Look at the pro and a, and B classes on tour. The only two people who aren't riding YFZs are being PAID TO RIDE SOMETHING ELSE. At the last round of the Nationals last year, John Natalie won the pro class and the production class on a YFZ with a pipe, cam mod and K&N. (not to mention all the handling stuff) Now, I am pretty sure there were quite a few "built" crfs in those races, just like there were a few at the Dirt Riot and the 1st round of the Glen Helen races. Facts, not speculation. If you don't like the facts, that is your problem.

Now, I am SURE Tim Farr will win some races this year. He is too good and Honda has too much money and technology not to win. But, he has his work cut out for him.

My earlier comments were to the talk that a pistoned TRX was going to walk away from a YFZ. SOrry, don't think it is going to happen. These two motors are too close, moded or not for that to happen. Truth be told, Gust had the most powerfull motor at the first round of the Nationals. Does that mean the Z is better than both?

If everyone on this site was a little less brand biased and a little more openminded, we would all get along a lot better. But, I guess that is like pissing in the wind.

Scott

AT least I know that Pappy understands me, then again, he is an adult, like me. I htink I am getting too old for this site. :(

feelin a lil old, too.

Hammer trx450r
03-02-2004, 04:39 AM
Brand biased? aren't about 90% of YZF owners old honda riders? funny but i dont remember any other banshees at the trackwith me for the last 10 yrs!!!! You guys that base this on max power are probably the ones that are BAD for our sport. they are the ones racing up the street making us look bad. And if i asked if a banshee could keep with a 250r on mx you guys would laugh. But it happened every weekend. Why conform to the masses, make your own path. Cause let me tell ya everyone cheered for the banshee to win.

Scottie Mac
03-02-2004, 06:43 AM
We are pretty sensitive? :rolleyes: Make one comment on the yfz reliablity in any way shape or form and you have herds of yamie heads crying like someone stole their bottle.

Perhaps us honda fans can be considered "sensitive" because most of the members on the site say the yfz is a great quad, while a lot of the yfz posters put the trx down like its a snail.

It is human nature to "whine" a little when someone says something you don't agree with. Even if we don't mean to sometimes. I know I have been guilty of this before. If we all agreed on everything, this place would be too boring to even come to.

I guess we should all be happy that we at least have something to argue about. Hard to believe just 3 years ago all we had to ride were 400exs and old 250Rs.

Life is good.

Scott

jarsong
03-02-2004, 06:53 AM
If we all agreed on everything, this place would be too boring to even come to.

Life is good.

Scott

Exactly... And While I was reading people whine I ordered a pair of Works shocks for the wifes Z400 from one of the site sponsors, C & D Racing...
jarsong

Chef
03-02-2004, 04:47 PM
BUT, when you are dealing with quads, can you ever really have too much power???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

Yes, but you don't really know it until you experience it. Then its really fun. But, it takes ALOT more HP than a YFZ can dish out to make that happen.:macho

biohazard1.2
03-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Yes, but you don't really know it until you experience it. Then its really fun. But, it takes ALOT more HP than a YFZ can dish out to make that happen.:macho

Really? wow.

I am sooo glad that GURU has spoken.

"werd"? lose the w and gain an n.

have a nice day.:D

JWhite
03-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by biohazard1.2
Really? wow.

I am sooo glad that GURU has spoken.

"werd"? lose the w and gain an n.

have a nice day.:D

Hey man, I don't know what your problem is with what Chef says, or I say, or whatever. But you really gotta take a chill pill man.

Do you see us jumping over to YFZ boards and acting like a child? Didn't think so.

Now go take your Riddilin (who cares how I spelled it) and chill out son.