PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Quickly!!!!!!!!!!

03-03-2002, 01:19 PM
I am ordering some stuff tonight( filter, jet kit, pipe) and i'm planning on a k&n filter, jets and an fmf power core IV Q-series silencer. I am real tight on money and was wondering if getting the powerbomb header is really gonna make a difference or not. I've heard that the headpipes on the 400's are not too restrictive but i want the most power out of this combo so please help me!!!!! if i dont get the headpipe than thats 170 bucks that I can spend on something more useful. Also I was wondering what jets i should get. I am not going to get the jet kit bec. of the money situation so I am just going for the individual jets. I live on long island so my altitude is around 20-300 ft. so i was thinking about a 158 mj, 42 pilot and i dont know much about the needle position. Please can you tell me what the incoments for jet sizing is(if it was 4 than it would go 148, 152, 156 etc..) I really dont know and it would be very helpful. Please help!!!!!!! thanks very much!

Chef
03-03-2002, 02:32 PM
If you are really tight on money then dont get the powerbong until you do something big to the motor or until you have more money. get all the jets between 148 and 165, they are only about 2 bucks a piece...and get some bigger pilots too...then you should be alright..

03-03-2002, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. I dont know how and dont want to install the jets by myself so im not going to go get all the jets betw. 148-165. I really need some specific info to help answer my question. c'mon guys im depending one you cause i have to order this stuff tonight. is the powerbomb worth it or not and what jet sizes should i get!!!!!!

03-03-2002, 05:06 PM
c'mon guys this is really important to me and i need to order this stuff tonight. I know you have better things to do than help some kid with his quad but i've been posting things like this for a while and all need to know is whether i should to get the powerbomb header with my Q-Series silencer that i will hopefully order tonight. My motor is totally stock and probably wont have anything else done to it besides the filter, jet kit and pipe. So all i need to know is whether the powerbomb headpipe makes a noticible difference on a stock 400ex with just the filter, jet kit and silencer. Please help me. thank you so much. Just answer this one question and i'll never ask another question about an exhaust or jetting ever again!(cause i'll be happy with mine!).

P.S. i dont want to grind down the welds on the stock headpipe either. THANKS!

kaneman23
03-03-2002, 05:23 PM
O.K. Man, I am going to try to help you out... First of all why do you want the Q series? I don't know much about the FMF stuff, but I researched pipes for a while and decided that the WB E series slipon was probably the best for me since my motor was stock like yours. I know its not the best pipe out there, but you get good gains and its tunable. Along with the e series, I went with a KN filter w/outerwears and a 165 mainjet. If you look at my post on the WB E results you will see that the install was painless. I am not a mechanic by any means and was able to do this stuff without problems.. I would advise on doing business with Marcums ATV as well because he provides great answers and support to any of your questions. When you order your stuff you could ask him what size jet works the best with whatever pipe you decide to go with. Just a thought man... Also, while you have your head bolts loosened up you might as well, do the headpipe mod while your there. Those welds are huge and definately restricts exhaust flow. I hope this helped somewhat..

Later,
Justin

03-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Ok im done i've read knighttime's posts and he has the same setup as i do so im just going to go ahead and get the header with it. thanks a lot for all your help

ChadEXer
03-04-2002, 09:04 AM
Ill sale ya my powerbong header and big Gun pipe for $300 in your door!