PDA

View Full Version : 2000 400ex has no fire at plug

rance muhammitz
02-27-2004, 09:36 AM
my bike has set for about 3 months and went to and the ride battery was dead.so I charged it and still won't start- put new plug in - no go.
so I checked to see if had fire to the plug and there is none.I checked all the connections and cleaned them still no fire.I have a book but it says use a peak voltage adapter .where the hell you get one I have no idea.
if anyone has any quick fix ideas or maybe certain things to check please help.:confused: :confused: :confused:

EXerHonda400
02-28-2004, 10:04 PM
i know that money is always an issue, but i use a FLUKE Multimeter and it has a built in function that holds a maximum voltage read at like 100ms intervals so it is very accurate. it does the same thing as the Peak Voltage tester and much more. But if you don't do any other sort of electrical work then this would be a little over kill. My guess is you could go to servicehonda.com and just buy a new coil for liek 30 bux and it might likely be a cheap fix compared to spending money on the multimeter.O ya one more thing, check the kill switch, it can't hurt to be sure elimate one thing at a time.