PDA

View Full Version : anyone have euro lights on their chev or gmc

L.Vegas400
02-26-2004, 10:04 PM
im looking into buying some and just wonder how they look. i saw a set the other day but havent seen any at night. opinions?

Diedrich
02-26-2004, 10:12 PM
they look good man..im fixing to buy me a set..my buddy has some..look around cause you can get em pretty cheap these days..dont pay over $150 for a set..look on ebay..theres also alot of different styles(carbon fiber, plain, red, blue, etc..) so look around

DangerousDean
02-26-2004, 11:16 PM
hahah altezzas i heard they make you go faster

LazeR
02-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
hahah altezzas i heard they make you go faster

Yea, i heard something about like 15hp because they make you more aerodynamic :rolleyes: :huh

02-27-2004, 05:33 AM
euro lights on truck=gay :rolleyes:

400exdad
02-27-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747

I use to think that too, but I kinda like certain carbon fiber ones now. I need to replace my old lights... typical Chevy dullness... however, when I spend money on my truck, it takes money away from the quads.. :( So, I'm prolly gonna run the old lights for quite some time! :)

quadrcr161
02-27-2004, 06:52 AM

euro lights on anything is gay. so is anything made by apc, huge wings, big rims without lowering it. and other tastless mods.

biohazard1.2
02-27-2004, 06:57 AM
I put some PlasmaGlows Platinums in the Avalanche and they are nearly as bright as the HIDs in my dad's H2.

They are the best (not cheap) that I have ever tried. They are much brighter than PIAA or Eurolights.

take care.

MOFO
02-27-2004, 07:17 AM
FYI, halogen based bulbs will NEVER approach the light output of true HID's. OEM HID lights absolutely kill any aftermarket halogen bulb.

Did your dad do an aftermarket conversion on his H2? Did he just replace the bulbs?

...and to stay on topic, I've yet to see a set of "euro" tail lights that I like on a truck or car. They always set off a "rice" flag in my head... I always believe in function over form... and in ever case that I've seen, the stock rear lights out perform the aftermarket "altezza" style lights. I also prefer to have my turn signals yellow vs red (something the stockers provide).

biohazard1.2
02-27-2004, 08:07 AM
not sure what you wrote MOFO, you are on ignore.

...wait, just clicked your post...

HID conversion, phillips, I did the install, very easy.

and...of course a simple bulb changeout will not give you the temp or intensity of the spectrum of light from HID. but, you can still get better results for just a few bucks more than an OEM bulb.

do you want to spend $20 (for better than OEM) or $800 (for true Phillips HID system with Plug and Play)...obviously, if money is not an issue, get the HID system.

BTT:

some aftermarket bulbs are just better than others and there is definitely a longevity issue with the cheaper "Ultrablues"...regardless of maker (APC, altezza, hyperwhites...whatever)

brandonpeake
02-27-2004, 09:40 AM
got rice?

next u should get some z3 fenders!

z3 fenders belong on a z3 and altezzas belong on an is300.

MOFO
02-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by biohazard1.2
not sure what you wrote MOFO, you are on ignore.

I'm flattered...

...and your reasoning would be??? :confused: PM me with your answer.

MP250r
02-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Theres alot of stuff i see on the road that just kills me, alot here in louisville. People try too hard!!! ive seen 20's on about every vehicle ever made, almost anyone who gets a new truck these days goes to pro tint or cool cars and gets a set of 20's. Tons of ricers that all are show no go. I like cars like civics with a fart can and a bleacher (aluminum wing) on the back so i can blow their doors with my dads cummins dually!! its great seeing a civic or any other slow ricer behind you with black smoke in their headlights.

2001400ex
02-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Any truck I've seen them on, do not look good in my opinion. Except for maybe a Lightning, they look ALRIGHT on an Xtreme or however it's spelled...

chucked
02-27-2004, 02:13 PM