PDA

View Full Version : leakin klaws

sparks400
02-26-2004, 07:04 PM
y do my klaws leak i check my bead and put grease around the bead, checked the tire not leak where else could it be from??

jtej
02-26-2004, 07:10 PM
I know i have problems with my tires going flat b/c the valvestem gets dirt in it. But i know what you mean my right front tire won't stay up for anything.....i've even dunked in our pool to see if i could see any bubbes...and nothing. I've learned to deal with it till i can afford new tires.

sparks400
02-26-2004, 07:40 PM
hey dude i did the same thing with dunkin my tire in my pool lol, not to sound liek a smart @$$, but wont u have to replace the vavle stem insed of the tire?

muff
02-26-2004, 08:13 PM
how much psi over how much time are we talking about? will the tire lose all air in a day?

try pulling the valve stem (just the little core insert) and making sure it has an o-ring thats intack, and screw it back in tight

sparks400
02-26-2004, 08:28 PM
thanks mine goes flat every ride like if i pump it up to like 4 and i take a lil 10min drag racing run it will be flat by the time i get back to the truck

cdalejef
02-27-2004, 07:45 AM
sometimes its the rim that leaks

Moto92
02-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
sometimes its the rim that leaks

Yep, I have a set of Champion beadlocks and one of them has had a small leak ever sense the day Ive I had them. Its not enough to matter over a days time but it will be flat by the end of a week. I plan on running some silicon over the inside welds as soon as i have to replace tires.

mustang93
02-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Yep, I have a set of Champion beadlocks and one of them has had a small leak ever sense the day Ive I had them. Its not enough to matter over a days time but it will be flat by the end of a week. I plan on running some silicon over the inside welds as soon as i have to replace tires.
thats what i did works good and you can still get the tire off the rim when you want;)

02-27-2004, 08:19 PM
yup when i gopt my douglas's they had a leak in one fo the rears. i sent it back since it was new. i will never buy anything but beadlocks now. unless they are stock everything that ive ran across sucks.