PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth buying the jet kit?

03-03-2002, 11:16 AM
I just instaled my pipe and air filter and was wondering if it is worth buying the K&N jet kit? I would have to take it to my dealer to instal it because i know nothing about carborators. So once i get done paying like 30 bucke to have it instaled is it gonna be worth all the hassle? Will the jet kit give me a broad power increse or more low. mid, or top

Deathbringer
03-03-2002, 03:39 PM
A jet kit typically gives you better throttle responce and better overall feel... where you are going to have to play... is with the exhaust and jetting together... if your exhaust has disks??? then adding or subtracting disks will either gain more top end or more bottom end... but you also have to play with jetting at the same time because of flow which is being increased or decreased. So to answer your question, I would and I don't know anything about working on bikes (but I learn as I go) I did my jetting and it takes a little time to get it right. If you aren't that picky then you can just take the books recommendations and they will be close and call it good... but if you really want to tweak it for your riding area and style then learn how to play with the jetting and air/fuel mix on the carb.

Just my two cents :)

Blackguywithouta400
03-03-2002, 11:14 PM
Your loacal honda shop and this site is all u need to jet your quad. Most full pipes need the needle adjusted up one notch thats moving the clip down then your mid range is richer then you can hit your main jet up some too, your pipe builder should give u some recomendations on jetting. main jets are only 5$ it would take the shop the same time to install a jet kit as it would them to just adjust the stock carb and it saves you 50$ or what ever the cost of a jet kit is. Just remember Dyno Jet Kits Jet sizes are alot bigger number then the stock jet types for the carb so this will throw you off if someone is giving u the wrong jetting guide.