PDA

View Full Version : rezzies or no rezzies

J25
02-26-2004, 06:08 PM
whast do you guys think i should do, this one dealer, hes not one that feeds u a bunch of bs, told he me only runs shocked w/o rezzies because all they do is leak? wht should i get, i dont race yet but i plan on it next year when im 16

bone705
02-26-2004, 06:36 PM
if you plan on doing any hard riding i would go ahead and get rezzies. i dont think you will have much to worry about on the rezzies leaking.

02-27-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by J25
i dont race yet but i plan on it next year when im 16 get rezzies....

tdsongster
02-27-2004, 06:15 AM
Rezzies don't give you anymore dampening, so the reply if you are going to do hard riding get them. All they do is add some more cooling, which would come into play if you are going to be riding for many hours. In fact, the elkas that I just bought don't come with rezzies, but I can add them any time I like. Saves on the cost. For further info call C&D Racing, 308-696-7805.

later...

cdalejef
02-27-2004, 07:32 AM
My guess is that dealer doesn't know a hole lot about shocks. Don't worry, you won't have a problem with the rezzies leaking.

02-27-2004, 09:17 AM
WTF do these dealers hire these morons from:confused:

I"m guessin 4th grade education gets you right into employment at most dealerships..:huh

brandonpeake
02-27-2004, 09:24 AM
if u got the cash get the rezzies, but like above rezzies help keep the shock cooler on extended hard rides , so they will not fade as soon as shocks w/ out rezzies, i know several poeple who race xc successfully w/ out rezzies and are happy with out them, when i got my shocks i got them b/c i didnt want to be kicking myelf later and if your going to buy shocks i said go ahead and get what i want and not have to do it twice!

J25
02-27-2004, 08:39 PM
ok thqanks for clearin this up guys, but i should of none not to listen when he said never to re jet it after u put a exhaust on he sed it messes tthe bike up...

so how much am i lookin for adjustable ssd triple rate elkas with the piggy back rezzies from c and d or tqs?

02-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Rico
WTF do these dealers hire these morons from:confused:

I"m guessin 4th grade education gets you right into employment at most dealerships..:huh i can get a job there