PDA

View Full Version : My hour at the Dealership

SSracingNY
02-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Well my and my buddy went up to our local dealership(Hollink Motorsports) since my buddy had a gift certifercet to spend. We walked in and as always started drooling over everything. Then i came upon the TRX 450R. Man oh man i instantly fell in love. It felt so comfterble to me, I took right into position. I think its a sexy looking quad to be honest. If i had the money id definatly spend the pretty pennies on that. So i kept walkin around and sat on a Z 400. The clutch was like cutting butter. It was so smooth and easy to pull in. I felt like Charmical with the 1 finger deal. It was quite comfterble also. Then I went up to the clothing, handlebars, and what not, bought a Thor Phase 5 green jersey and some stickers for my truck. Anywho, i dropped my friend back off and got gas and picked up a new cycle trader since they come out today, i got home, flipped throiugh it and found a 2002 raptor that has a small tear in the seat and the front plastic is cracked. its a bank repo and he wants $3400. my jaw dropped, the next column down theres an 03 Z 400, needs tires. looks brand new. $3400. And again my jaw dropped. I think its a damn good deal. Me and my buddy are going in on these 2 machines tomarrow. I cant wait to see these. I heard them run over the phone and they sound pretty good. Well im out to watch Huevos

SGA
02-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Yep, you can get some good deals in the cycle trader, just keep looking. Also, dont pay them what they are asking. barter a bit.
Have the wad of cash in your pocket. After you look it over a bit, pull out the wad, thumb through it a sec, and say, hmm, I only have so much here, let me test ride it and maybe we can work something out. Yes, thier eyes will light up. Pay no mind to it. They want that cash and they want it bad. They will drop the price, they want that stack of green. Its a old trick smart buyers use. Act like you are not sure on the price. They will ask, well, how much are you thinking. Give them a low figure, say a grand under what they are asking. They will counter, and so on. Remember, they want that wad of cash. You should get it at least 500-750 under what they want. maybe a grand. If they wont deal, bump them, more deals will come along.

SGA
02-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Generally at quad dealers, I want a new quad out the door for the price on the tag. Out the door for THAT price. Thats taxes and prep included. Say the quad is $5400 before tax and prep. Thats the price i want it out the door for.

popo
02-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Just a word of advice on buying a repo'd quad.. Some idiots that loose them... pour sand down the sparkplug hole.

If you get them, I would drop all fluids and go over them before riding.

SSracingNY
02-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Yea when i buy things, like quads or sleds or cars i always change all the fluids. tani, oil, basically everything. drain all the gas from the tank, carb, lines, etc. Thanks for the advise guys/gals