PDA

View Full Version : chm silencer

SHANE03EX
02-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Has anyone heard of a chm silencer for a 400ex? Are they any good? What kind of power would I get? I was thinking of buying one and the guy says its got a silencer, are they quiet enough that I wont get hasseld at an orv park?

Thanks for any feedback

SHANE03EX
02-26-2004, 05:19 PM
I take it that nobody has ever heard or seen this brand of silencer?

JD400exrider
02-27-2004, 01:34 AM
Shane030x

Yes I have one along with two of my buddies. I like it allot. Good quality. They are made by Carmichael Honda Motorsports

The guy that builds them has been building pipes and fourstroke motors for many many years. He knows his stuff. Good power gains. I have not tried any other pipes but this one. It has good dyno numbers. The builder of the pipes dynos all his set ups and builds them for most if not all the honda quads, bikes and a few street bikes along with raptors. The nice thing is there is very little difference in power running the quiet core.

I don't know where you live but he builds them at his shop in sacramento. If you go to any motorcycle races across the states you will lickley see his big semi truck and trailer. Starting to build a name for himself. CHM put together my motor and the pipe guy did the porting. Good people to deal with. I have not tested DB levels. They tell me I will pass the 96 level though.

Here is there website. chmexhausts.com

Good luck