PDA

View Full Version : Yoshi pipe on Z400?

TRFOXX
02-26-2004, 11:41 AM
I think im planing on getting a yoshi pipe for my z. Is this a good pipe? Im just getting the slip on, Will i get some extra hoursepower out of it? How dose it sound? Is it real loud, I dont want real loud just a little louder than stock. $353.00 for the slip on, a little pricey i thought but is it worth it?

Out_Sider
02-26-2004, 11:45 AM
my friend has a z400 with a yoshi slip on pipe, with a FMF powerbomb header, and it sounds wicked!! and the power grade a pretty big. i'm not sure how much the head pipe helped it, but i highly reccomend getting the yoshi slip on for your quad;)

TRFOXX
02-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Well I bought the Yoshi slip on today and installed it and all i can say is WOW! It pulled hard through all gears. The sound is awlsome, it kind of whistles a little bit with a nice bark when opened up. Do all these Yoshi pipes sound that way? When i first bought the Z I was a little disapointed with the power but now since i put this pipe on it totally woke the machine up! My FMF pipe thats on my 400EX is nice but this slip on rocks!

4TraxRider
02-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Which version slip-on did you get? I've the 14inch FMF Ti-4 that is goin on it next week probably.

TRFOXX
02-27-2004, 11:27 AM
I've heard that that is a nice pipe also! I have the powercore 4 on my 400ex and like it a lot pretty loud though. I bought the Suzuki/Yoshi steel with spark arrestor for the Z. $363.00 at Suzuki of Troy they had it in stock.

tclapp
03-24-2004, 12:28 PM
I have the FMF powerbomb header with the FMF powercore 4 slip on and I LOVE IT its gota deep sound which i really like

TRFOXX
03-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey tclapp do you have any engine mods to have replaced the header pipe? I was thinking about getting the powerbomb header pipe but everyone said not to untill you have engine mods done. Can you tell a difference when you put the header pipe on or did you put both on at same time?

brif
03-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Too bad you already bought that yoshi slip-on, I'd of sold you my full system for $335.

TRFOXX
03-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Let me know if you would sell just the Yoshi header pipe?

Florida400EX
03-25-2004, 02:51 PM
My friends Z400 is all stock except for the jetting and the yoshi full system. It's WAY too loud for me, but I heard with the TEC and a small or medium insert its not that bad. It does perform awsome though.

03-25-2004, 06:12 PM
i have a yoshimura pipe on my kfx...greta pipe what jetting you running...i cand o wheelies with ease in 2 nd gear with 22inch tires..the bottom end power is noticable...great sound

brif
03-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by TRFOXX
Let me know if you would sell just the Yoshi header pipe? It's all going to go together, but my header wouldn't work with your slip-on. On the yoshi the full system the silencer that comes with it is longer or shorter (I can't remember). So your only options for a full system is a headpipe from another system. Like a FMF or pro-circuit. This is why with a yoshi you should buy the complete system.

TRFOXX
03-25-2004, 09:35 PM
I havent rejetted yet, I didnt want to open up the air box due to i ride in way to much mud. Suzuki of Troy said that i would not have to rejet as long as i only add the slip on and dont open up the air box. Plus I have the quiet core insert in the slip on also. I know It would run a lot faster if i rejetted and opened up the air box and add a Uni or K&N filter, and i probly will in the future but for now she's running great and the plug looks perfect.