PDA

View Full Version : Has any one sent an axle back for warranty purposes?

nky400
02-26-2004, 09:55 AM
I have a DuraBlue axle that I bent in little mishap aka crash. I need to send it back to DuraBlue so they can straighten it or replace it. What is the best way to do this? How do I box it up if I do not have the original box? Who do I ship it with? How much $ am I lookin at to ship from KY to Cali? How long will it take to get it back? I tried calling DuraBlue several times for these answers, but all I get is a recording. If any one has done this before and can offer some information I would appreciate it.

thanks

02-26-2004, 10:12 AM
IT cost about $20 to get it there and $20 back. I think it took about 3 weeks total time.. If your smart you still have your stocker just in case of bending the durablue. I'll never sell my stock axle just for the fact I"ll never be down due to a bent axle.:cool:

nky400
02-26-2004, 10:25 AM
yeah i figured i would just throw the stocker back in temporarily. so do i just find a box that it will fit in and ship it? thanks rico

thanks

walker054
02-26-2004, 05:05 PM
make sure you get insurance when you ship it, and get enough to cover the price of a new one. When i sent back my broken rpm i bought the insurance but not enough. Well somewhere between Pa and Az. the box was smashed and UPS lost half of my axle (the half with the serial number) so i ended up screwed. Just gat a check for the shipping insurance $110.79 that stinks. Then i but a new rpm for the 450 = $509

muff
02-26-2004, 08:08 PM
stop at the local shop and see if they have a box...i got lucky and they had one...it was a rpm box tho.. lol

I just sent my lonestar out two days ago...waitin to see what they'll do with it. It cost $18 to ship it

02-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by walker054
make sure you get insurance when you ship it, and get enough to cover the price of a new one. When i sent back my broken rpm i bought the insurance but not enough. Well somewhere between Pa and Az. the box was smashed and UPS lost half of my axle (the half with the serial number) so i ended up screwed. Just gat a check for the shipping insurance $110.79 that stinks. Then i but a new rpm for the 450 = $509

:eek: :eek: Guess that prooves to everyone that says "nu uh you can't brake a RPM" that they can be broken just like all other axles..

Sorry to hear about your bad luck..:(