PDA

View Full Version : Ground Clearance Issues with 400ex

brandonpeake
02-26-2004, 08:47 AM
just curious if its just me or what but ive bottomed out several times when i didnt think i should
one time the other day, i bottomed out on the hill where not long ago i went up it fine on a stock raptor and my banshee w/ 22in razrs on it, nobody else rides this spot but me its on my land so i know its not that
another time right before me i saw a stock warrior make it up it, bottomed out on the 400

im not sitting down on the back im standing , im thinking about going to 22's on the back also and gearing down
but i had never heard of anyone else complaining about 400ex ground clearance

dirtmomma
02-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Are your shocks blown out?? Just a thought ;)

brandonpeake
02-26-2004, 09:17 AM
my ex is an 02 and has been ridden very little, got new tcs shocks on the front but the back is stock but is in great shape, i may play with the comp and rebound on it some i got it set kinda soft to try to matchup with my tcs front shocks
so i dont know, i made another trail up the hill in a real steep spot , so im going to let thte other people who ride w/ me go up the rutted on , they prob will not go up the other one, but i just thought i should have more ground clearance

Doibugu2
02-26-2004, 09:47 AM
where are you bottoming out? front, back, middle?

brandonpeake
02-26-2004, 09:57 AM
everytime its in the back, i got a swingarm skid but its dont sit very lox mins is about 1in or .5 in higher than my buddies 400 w/ a swingarm skid

running stock sized razrs on the rear over 1/2 tread

Doibugu2
02-26-2004, 12:05 PM
How much air do you have in your tires?

Sounds to me like you just need to learn that the throttle is on the right. Power solves most problems.:D

You are talking about getting stuck going up hills correct?

brandonpeake
02-26-2004, 12:53 PM
i run about 5- 5.5 lbs in them
that may be the problem but i still feel it sits low compared to other quads, i may just need to be on the throttle more, but my raptor would go up the same hills no prob.
i know on one hill more power could be done but on the other you go down a hill cross a river then up the other hill nowhere for a run to get the power up,

i was mainly curious if anyone else has the same issues
thanks for the help

Martin Blair
02-26-2004, 10:36 PM
well the center of gravity on the 400ex is lower then alot of quads so is the seat it feels lower, but ground clearence is pretty much the same if you look at specs. add a little more air i run 8 in the rears and 10 in the fronts. If you cant get power up and you ride in the woods you got the wrong set up you need more low end.

brandonpeake
02-27-2004, 06:53 AM
yeah i really havent tried powering up it yet i just made another trail up it for now but im going to check the specs against the raptor and the 400ex