PDA

View Full Version : What to get?

Foxrage
02-26-2004, 08:01 AM
I am in a pickel of a situation. I plan on gettin a new 4 wheeler in the next month or so before the new season. so i can hopefully get some races in for the first time ever.

Anyway heres my problem I have a new honda coming in saturday with my name on it. but im wondering if i would be better off buying an already built cannondale or 250r or 400ex.

If i get the new honda i have about 850 dollars to mess with. I was planning on gettin some mx tires, nerf bars, bumper, sparks pipe and filter and jets.

any suggestions would be appriciated...i would like to stick with red.

300exOH
02-26-2004, 08:05 AM
If it's the 450R you're getting I'd say go for it. It has way more potential for the future and a better resale if you decide you don't like it.

The 250r's are getting harder to find in good shape and the 400ex is just plain outdated. You'll be sorry if you don't get the quad you want. Good luck.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-26-2004, 09:05 AM
I would say get the new honda and do the mods you listed and I think you will be happy I would add a set a bars to the list. I am really happy with my 450 other than the front shocks are too stiff for me :p

Foxrage
02-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Ok thats what im thinking.

Silverfox....can you get me Sparks complete, k&n filter, jets, kenda claw mx for the stock rims, ac bumper, ac standard nerfs for around 850? Thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-26-2004, 09:53 AM
Looks like we will be able to be in that range The only one I can't get a price on is the k&n filter it hasn't been made yet.

02-26-2004, 11:01 AM
get the 450r...cuz in a couple years the 2 strokes are gonna have laws about ALL the fumes and smoke and the 450r is sweet other than a front end is a tad to light