PDA

View Full Version : HRC installed...Bottom end stall

400ex4ever
02-26-2004, 07:31 AM
I just had the HRC kit installed and brought it home. Sonds pretty good but not that good. Still a little quite. Almost sounds like an empty coffee can or something.

Anyway, I brought it home and was just cruising around on my street. Prior to me gettnig home I called my neighbor, who has a GYT-R equipped YFZ, to warm it up. After they were both wramed up, we lined up on the wet pavement. I out weigh this kid (14) by over 100 poulds. Now this is the problem. I would rev it up to get the hole shot, pop the clutch and bog down. He would over course be gone, but when it stopped bogging and screamed like a rapped ape. I hit the rev limit a few times it revs so much faster. Got to get used to that.

What do you guys think could be the problem. Is the pilot jet to lean? That's what I am thinking. I am planning on taking it back this afternoon but just wanted some input from everyone. Thanks.

joe1l
02-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Did you follow the jetting instructions exactly, is the needle in the correct position? I don't think it would be the pilot jet, but then again, I'm not to positive, but my guess would still be the needle and clip height!

dirtmomma
02-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Ahhh so ya got it huh!! Thats cool hope ya get the bugs worked out :(

Honda
02-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Check the Spark Plug. Sounds similar to the problem I am having. You rev it up, drop the clutch, and she just wants to die.

I let evryone know what it is when I figure it out.

redrizza
02-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Sounds like the pilot jet wasn't changed. If it was and it still does it, try richening your air/fuel mixture screw and that should take care of it.

Honda
02-26-2004, 10:03 AM
By the way, Mine fouled the plug. Had the HRC tip and Snorkel installed, that's it.

Way Rich, should have new plugs soon.

400ex4ever
02-26-2004, 02:09 PM
I am sitting hear at the dealer and they are telling me it is because it is geared so high. I even have the 13th front installed. Anyone else having this same problem.

Everything else seem to be running right, just that initial bog down if you are lining up to race.

For those of you that have installed the HRC kit did you change the pilot jet and what size....

Guy400
02-26-2004, 03:11 PM
That's horse crap. It should not bog when launching. If you bring the revs up on that thing and are dumping the clutch and it just bogs, you've got a jetting problem--especially with a 13t front sprocket. That thing should lift the wheels and throw you on your *** before the motor should bog. What about from as slow of a roll as you can do without stalling it and then punching it WFO?

gncc571
02-26-2004, 03:11 PM
the dealer installed mine and it is fine no bog at all.I don't think they change the pilot jet with the HRC kit.hope you get it worked out.

oldsandman
02-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Have they checked the accelerator pump spring and diaphragm?

Honda
02-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Mine is doing the same thing. If you gun it real hard to pull a wheelie or something it will Bog out.

Has nothing to do with the HRC kit, Mine is not installed yet.

2manycrashes
02-26-2004, 09:12 PM
There is no way your HRC kit was installed correctly. With the HRC kit, the 450r would bog if I was just putting around. Turning around on trails etc. It was still fast as heck, but it just didn't want to go slow.

You said you have the 13T ? The 13T and HRC kit is a bad mamba jamba. You should be able to lug it a hell of a lot more and the acceleration is amazing. It's still just a hair tall for climbing over rocks at slow speeds.

But if you are trying to take someone off the line, the 13T and HRC is a dangerous combo. You should rocket off the line with that setup. Just make darn sure you are forward or you will be setting on your rear.

Anyways, something was not installed correctly on the HRC kit. With the HRC kit and 13T sprocket, I was taking a slightly modded 400ex by 15-20 bike lengths in 100 yards. Sounds like crap, but it is true....

The 450R is a tall geared mother, but you should't be having the kind of problems you describe.

Hope this helps.

2manycrashes
02-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Honda
Mine is doing the same thing. If you gun it real hard to pull a wheelie or something it will Bog out.

Has nothing to do with the HRC kit, Mine is not installed yet.

Sorry dude, but I disagree 100%. It has plenty to do with the HRC and the fact that he has a 13T front sprocket. Get on someone's 450R with that setup and if you're not careful, you'll be setting on your rear.

I can see where you are experiencing a problem with similar symptoms related to the high gear. But as others have posted as well, the HRC and 13 T is a pretty fine combo.

I highly recommend both. If you want real fast, do the sparks full exhaust, sparks filter setup, open airbox and jet between 185-190. That combined with the HRC and 13T makes one scary mother. This is what I just modded to last night.

mxracer111
02-26-2004, 09:50 PM
i havent messed with the 450r yet... but to me .. it sounds like the cam might be advanced 1 th. someone might have installed it a bit off... causing it to run great upstairs... but have nothing down low.

jamiesel
02-26-2004, 10:04 PM
I wonder is the cam is off one tooth.

2004TRX450R
02-27-2004, 12:38 AM
I doubt it would run very well and it would start really hard if the cam wasn't timed right. I just noticed you live in Marysville. Come on down to Bellevue on Sunday and I'll take a look at it! That will give me a chance to meet another member of the site too! I have mine all apart right now or I'd say lets go ride on Sunday. I'll probably be putting it all back together that day. Supposed to have the frame back from the powdercoaters tomorrow along with the gaskets and seals so I can put the head back on now that the porting is done on it.:D

400ex4ever
02-27-2004, 07:45 AM
[i]I just noticed you live in Marysville. Come on down to Bellevue on Sunday and I'll take a look at it! That will give me a chance to meet another member of the site too![/B]

TRX450R, I will PM you my number and maybe we can hook up. Thanks for the help...