PDA

View Full Version : This mild power-up combo any good?

scott7556
02-26-2004, 12:03 AM
I have this in mind for a power-up combo...
E-Series slip-on, HotCam Stage 1, K&N filter with rejet, and WB rev box. Is this any good for recreation, and what other things might I not see that I might need to purchase to get this to work well like valve springs, rockers, gaskets, etc? Is there any advantage to WB full system over the slip-on, or not unless I get motor work? Would an Edelbrock carb help out any without any major motor work?
Thanks to all!

(I know, too many questions, one post...):(

cals400ex
02-26-2004, 12:53 AM
that setup sounds pretty good for the most part. the complete will give a little more power than the slip on even when stock. however, the gains will be at higher rpm's and you might even loose a tad at low rpms. however, if you buy the slip on you can't just go buy the header if you decide to upgrade. they are different diameters. don't get the WB rev box. it will make the bike hard to start. i actually wouldn't get a rev box at all unless your building your motor. it will not be a benefit on a stock motor. the stage 1 cam will work fine with a stock piston. however, you may loose a tad bit of low end power if you keep the stock piston. mid to high rpm gains will be nice though. you can use the stock rockers, springs, valves, etc. if you do ever change your rockers, do NOT get hardened rockers with a hotcam or a honda cam. they are designed to be used with the factory rockers or other non hardened rockers. if you just get a slip on, you will probally want to buy the exhaust gasket between the header and silencer connection. if you get the full system, you will want to change the two brass crush washers in the head where the header enters. the majority of the people on here run fcr carbs with good success. once again, you will get a nice mid to top end gain with a carb but you may loose a litttle low end power.

hondarider2006
02-26-2004, 01:49 PM
the stage 1 hot cam is for bottem-mid end power. Also I would look into a HMF or Sparks x-6 instead of the wb, if sounds isn't an issue. And don't bother with the wb rev box, waste of money unless you are going to build your motor. And if you are going to dig into it anyways, why not get the stage 2 hot cam, and high compression pistion? Like a JE or ROSS 10:8.1 ;)