PDA

View Full Version : The Passion of the Christ

TravEX
02-25-2004, 09:22 PM
I just got back from the theater,,,the movie was great, VERY GRAPHIC, tough to watch most scenes,,,I was very happy with how it was presented.

Trav

Disaster
02-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Really i heard it wasnt that good from several people.

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
02-25-2004, 09:38 PM
I have many friends that went and saw it this morning. Lots of them said they cried from beginning to end and others said it was completely amazing. What I think is good about the movies is that I am a visual person so I think seeing the movie and putting pictures in my head will help me when I read the real story in the Bible. I am going to see it this Sunday and can't wait! I would reccomend this movie to everyone, maybe not some of the younger ones for I have heard it is very gorey *sp*.

SRH
02-25-2004, 09:52 PM
hmm is the devil in it?

batgeek
02-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Jews are evil~

good movie!!! excellent cinematography!!!

Disaster
02-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Well i think im going to go watch it to find out for my self how it is...

TRX250X
02-25-2004, 10:14 PM
I've heard it's excellent. There was a big line for it outside the theater tonight.

Martin Blair
02-25-2004, 10:42 PM
not dissing chrit or anything i think everyone so go see club dread this weeknd and laugh there *** off, then see passion of the christ next weeknd, just because there expectiing big openings

David28
02-26-2004, 12:07 AM
what is club dread about

Guy400
02-26-2004, 05:20 AM
I went and saw it yesterday afternoon. It was an extremely powerful movie and I found myself crying numerous times throughout the movie and I'm not exactly the most emotional person. I don't even know how to describe it to people when they ask me if it's good or not. It was very graphic, it followed the story written in the Bible but was not verbatim and I felt it did an excellent job at showing just how much abuse Christ went through in his final hours. I did not leave hating Jews nor did I feel the movie was anti-Jewish in any way. If anything, my opinion of Roman soldiers may have changed a little. I went and watched Schindler's List and I didn't come out of the theater hunting German's down so this whole thing about this movie conjuring up anti-semitism is absurd in my mind. All I can tell people is go see it for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

TravEX
02-26-2004, 05:57 AM
wel said Guy400,,,i have a strong stomach, but some of it is too much to watch, and you have to keep looking at the screen cause it's subtitled,,,it went along with what i believe as a Christian,,,i think the world needs to see a movie like this,,,for children, use your own judgment, they will have to be able to read the subtitles and understand what they are seeing.

cody anderson
02-26-2004, 07:19 AM
I wanna go see that...

Guy400
02-26-2004, 07:22 AM
Truthfully, the movie was shot well enough that you could understand what was going on without the subtitles. The subtitles that were shown were short, one sentence lines that didn't take your eyes off the screen and you didn't struggle to keep up with them.

Bunkerking217
02-26-2004, 10:25 AM
awsome movie...dont miss it! if you watch it, go open-minded

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
02-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Just went and saw it for myself tonight and I am completely awed (sp?). The movie just made me realize how severe the pain was that He went through, it just put it into perspective. I loved how they put the flashbacks of Jesus and his teachings because I felt it contrasted the soft, caring, loving and kind side of Jesus to him being tortured and put through enormous amounts of pain. I thought the movie was awesome and I have so many feelings about it whirling around in my head I can't type them all.

Urpoisonddream
02-29-2004, 09:07 PM
HMmm... I hope I dont cry too much. I'm going to see it tomorrow with my family. My mom thought it would be good for us and bring the family all together. I didn't really want to see it at first... but now after hearing how good people thought it was now it's calling my name. Personally, call me crazy but I think its a sign the rapure is about to happen. Please dont hate me but when was the last time anyone ever saw a movie this religious come out in theader?:confused:

Bunkerking217
02-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Urpoisonddream
HMmm... I hope I dont cry too much. I'm going to see it tomorrow with my family. My mom thought it would be good for us and bring the family all together. I didn't really want to see it at first... but now after hearing how good people thought it was now it's calling my name. Personally, call me crazy but I think its a sign the rapure is about to happen. Please dont hate me but when was the last time anyone ever saw a movie this religious come out in theader?:confused:

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. He will come like a thief in the night.

Punk'd
02-29-2004, 09:54 PM
whats it raided? and have u heard about the guy that was filming jesus on the cross got stuck by lightning (but lived) and people have been haveing heart attacks while watching the movies.. weird stuff... idk its wut i heard..

jamiesel
02-29-2004, 11:33 PM
I just went and seen it too. It is a good movie. I recommend it to everyone. It gives new substance to me as I read and reread Isaiah 53 over and over again. Now to pick up my cross and follow Him. Thats the tough part.

twisted threads
03-01-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Urpoisonddream
Please dont hate me but when was the last time anyone ever saw a movie this religious come out in theader?:confused:

I do agree with you but try not to worry what other think of you...... because some people will hate you for your faith in the lord.

JOHN 15:20&21 JESUS said
20 "Remember the word that I say to you, A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted ME, they WILL also persecute you. If they keep My word, they will keep yours also.
21 "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know HIM who sent ME.

I also seen the movie tonight and I was speechless after it was over. It was very very close to the bible and that is one reason I think that its makeing such a huge impact. Im not to much of a cryier but I couldn't help it at all the movie was to much for my spirt to handle! I am a believer in the lord Jesus but I have never in all the times I read the bible have pictured the suffering that he went through for YOU and Me like it showed in the movie. All I really can say is thanks to Jesus for going through all the pain and suffering.

batgeek
03-01-2004, 03:25 AM
because some people will hate you for your faith in the lord.

and isn't it sad that those people are religious too?

the Bible does not paint a gory picture of what He went thru. but if you are Catholic and have done the Stations of the Cross, you get a pretty good idea about what He went thru.

Rrider4life8
03-01-2004, 04:49 AM
that devil person was scary .... and did those guys beating him have no compassion??????

i give this movie 2 thumbs up:blah:

TGW_400ex
03-01-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by SRH
hmm is the devil in it? Yes and he is very freaky

exriderdude
03-01-2004, 08:24 AM
it was a crazy movie... you have to have read the bible and know alot about this stuff to really understand what is going on. there was alot of symbolism in it which i thought was pretty cool. it was very very gorey. i thought it was a great movie all in all.

did anyone notice the shroud of christ that that lady had? didnt they find it and it turned out to be a fake?

xr50tim
03-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
Jews are evil~

good movie!!! excellent cinematography!!!

well then... if jews are evil then so are you! :devil:

xr50tim
03-01-2004, 11:34 AM
xr50layke here.....better get 2 class LOL..

whats up with the jew calling? jesus was a jew

thursday
03-01-2004, 02:29 PM
i think its more of a documentary because the story is straight from the bible its not something that a producer writes it weas actually jesus's last 12 hours.......

EvilJester400EX
03-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Is the entire movie in sub-titles?

montyjcm
03-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Yep, that what I am hereing. I am probably going to see it this week. I heard that it is one of the all time best movies, from people I would have never expected.

Scottie Mac
03-01-2004, 07:50 PM
I went and saw the movie last night and I can say that it was wonderfull and awfull all at the same time. As a movie, the cinematography was amazing, the realism was amazing. But, it was a very hard movie to watch. I found myself more than once fighting not to turn away. But, as I was walking back to the car, I could not help but think to myslef that I had seen a movie I woudl remember all of my life.

Scott

Samson
03-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
and isn't it sad that those people are religious too?

the Bible does not paint a gory picture of what He went thru. but if you are Catholic and have done the Stations of the Cross, you get a pretty good idea about what He went thru.

Isaiah 52:14 "..... Just as there were many who were appalled at him -- his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness--"

Bunkerking217
03-01-2004, 08:16 PM
they didnt show the part of them ripping his beard out...

like samson said, his OWN mother couldnt reconize him

Samson
03-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Bunkerking217
they didnt show the part of them ripping his beard out...

like samson said, his OWN mother couldnt reconize him

Isaiah 50:6 "I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting."

SRH
03-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Yes and he is very freaky

the devil is in it? im going to see it, what the devil talk about.?..man lil nicky was such a cool movie...i think ill go watch that instead

if my lord comes like a theif in the night hell go away with broken legs, especially if catch that son of a ***** near my quad

jay's 300
03-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Awesome movie! Seen it Saturday and it really brings into perspective all the pain and humiliation he endured in his last hours, but like said the rewards and benefits that follow are well worth it! "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" Hard to believe that was asked for the people crucifying him!

Urpoisonddream
03-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Holly Moley. Just got back from the movie.... All I have to say is that I dont think my heart has ever broken that much before. I ran outta tissue and my mascara was everywhere. Maybe I just have a very soft heart. Its an interesting movie though and very graphic. I would say go see it!:eek2:

lsittingbull
03-01-2004, 11:45 PM
xcellent movie, After reading all the news papers and listening to the interviews i new this was going to be a great movie, But i never thought it would make me look at my life different. if this movie doesn`t move you NOTHING will.

DillonTMNT
03-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Reading this thread and listening to Pantera on my headphones gives me a stark irony that I just have to giggle about...:)

anyways. I havnt seen it but I will just wait for a screener to come out so I can just pirate it. Saying pirate kinda romanticizes illegal file sharing (piracy) to a point where it is legal...atleast in my mind...and thousands of others on IRC...

wow I got off the subject twice....I really need to get some sleep...:devil:

-Dillon

Quad18star
09-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Alright I'm bringing this one back cuz I finally rented the movie tonight . I was in awe the whole movie and almost in tears in some scenes . Unbelievable how graphic it was . Like some people have said ... you need to know a bit about the story of Christ before you watch the movie to actually know whats going on ( the story behind it) . I can't believe the heartlessness of the Romans while they were beating him especially with the whip that had the metal pieces to tear the skin . At the end of the movie , it was interesting to see how people had started believing in him .... you can tell the Romans ... especially the one that stabs him to make sure he is dead ... knew they had did something terribly wrong . Defeinatly worth renting ... and even buying . I'm gunna end up buying the movie .

HtFoxChick
09-16-2004, 09:35 PM
I saw the movie and was glad to see that it was so accurite! ( I went to private Catholic school for 7 years) One thing that i didn't understand was, Satin had a baby? The rest i knew but that part threw me. Very good movie. The acting was so good too. oh, and i did cry ALOT!:( Any input on the baby part, anyone???

Quad18star
09-16-2004, 09:41 PM
I was trying to figure out the baby part myself also . I went to catholic school up until the age of 19 and I can't recall any mention about Satan with a Baby . Maybe it's meant to symbolize that Satan can take on any form that can be deceiving .... the snake , the children chasing and beating Judas ?? I'd really like to know also .

HtFoxChick
09-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Thanks for replying. You have a good point. Wasn't that part really scary? The acting by all characters was amazing.

JUSTINcredible
09-16-2004, 09:57 PM
a little off subject but tonight for some reason out of no where i asked my gf if she belived in god and i got a big stern NO!.. then she said she dint want to talk about it:( :huh

just thought id say that...

as for the movie.. I have never seen it, always have ment to see it but im not one for watching TV or movies to often

09-16-2004, 10:13 PM
im watching it right now

Bunkerking217
09-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Any input on the baby part, anyone???

Couldn't tell ya, I'll ask around...

Quad18star
09-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Thanks for replying. You have a good point. Wasn't that part really scary? The acting by all characters was amazing. The casting for the movie was amazing , as well as the makeup and acting . It was scary when you seen the baby's face ( more like an old man) and it was freaky when Judas was getting spit on and attacked by the young boys . I think if I had to base my ratings on a movie out of all the factors to provide a good movie ( ie casting , acting, maekup, special effects) this one would be my #1 pick . Deffinatly worth watching again and buying .

allmixedup047
09-16-2004, 10:33 PM
i want to see that movie. i disagree with alot of the things in the bible and in the story of christ, but i like to learn about that kind of stuff. i really hate when people say that christianity is stupid but they have no interpretation of it at all, or know anything about the subject they are calling stupid. i believe you shouldnt say you dont like christianity if you know nothing about it. i have some knowlege in the subject so therefor i feel allright when saying i dont agree with it. but i understand when people do agree with it to its fullest extent, thats there beliefs and everyone has the right to that. i really want to see the movie though.

allmixedup047
09-16-2004, 10:38 PM
and about the spaun of satin. some do believe that he did have spaun. its not as strong of a belief in some religions. thats why you might have not heard about it.

batgeek
09-16-2004, 11:59 PM
whether you believe in Christ or not....

buy this movie to own THE BEST snuff film ever made!

well, that is if you are into that kinda stuff.

HtFoxChick
09-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
The casting for the movie was amazing , as well as the makeup and acting . It was scary when you seen the baby's face ( more like an old man) and it was freaky when Judas was getting spit on and attacked by the young boys . I think if I had to base my ratings on a movie out of all the factors to provide a good movie ( ie casting , acting, maekup, special effects) this one would be my #1 pick . Deffinatly worth watching again and buying .

Probably, the best movie ever made. Another thing, I was physically and emotionally drained after watching this. Very powerful!!!

Quad18star
09-17-2004, 08:03 AM
And to think , no major film company wanted to fund this movie . Mel Gibson went out on a limb and used his own money to make this movie .... he was taking a big risk in doing so , but look at the reviews it has gotten .

Bush0102
09-17-2004, 08:12 AM
What i thought was great was how the media tried to spin it as anti-semetic and disrespectful...Its sad how much hate some people can have for Christianity or religion in general. But despite the ratings, that movie mad what, like 400 million bucks? I didnt get a chance to see it but the rest of my family did. My mom said it was so incredible that she was almost like in shock after it was over. I think movies like that are great becuase the suffering of Christ just can't be fully portrayed in paper.

Congrats to Mel Gibson on overcoming adversity...perhaps like the main character in his movie?

HtFoxChick
09-17-2004, 08:14 AM
Well said brotha!:D

MY450R
09-17-2004, 08:17 AM
hey HtFoxChick maybe i can come to your place and we can watch it together eh ill be there in a few days lol

HtFoxChick
09-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Hey, this isn't no chick flick!! Maybe, Finding Nemo! :D hahaha

Bunkerking217
09-17-2004, 08:28 AM
On another forum, this is what I posted when someone asked if religious movies are neccessary:

First, I think religious movies are neccessary. Many of our lives are revolved around religion either directly or indirectly. Chirstopher Columbus sailed to the "New World" because of religious differences. ALL of history is basically revolved around religion. Just because I say religion, I dont mean "Christianity," I mean every religion. Boondock Saints was a good movie, I bet you agree, it was a religious movie. No offense, and I'm not judging you, but most of you probably would say its ok to haev Boondock Saints and not The Passion because one is a true story and one is not. Just about every religion says something about a man from Galilee named Jesus and who calls himself the Son of God, King of the Jews, ect...

Beleive what you want about who he is, but he lived! The Passion is a movie to show the last 12 hours of his life. He was persecuted by his own people and they were given the choice to crusify him or a man that continually robbed people. The movie is based on the last 3 or 4 chapters of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the bible. You can't beleive part of the bible and not the whole thing. The movie also flashbacks to other times in his life to show miracles he had performed. Whatever you beleive, this movie is meant to show that Jesus died for all of our sins and there is no way to get to heaven, but except through him.

Why believe in Hell and not Heaven?!?

How come its "intolerence" when you speak for God,
but "freedom of speech" when you speak against him?

allmixedup047
09-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Dogma was a good movie about religion!:D

trick450r
09-17-2004, 12:47 PM
i heard it was a piece of ***** that it doesn't belong on the screen and is a total loser.....this all coming from an agnostic person mind you....

Quad18star
09-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Bunkerking217
On another forum, this is what I posted when someone asked if religious movies are neccessary:

First, I think religious movies are neccessary. Many of our lives are revolved around religion either directly or indirectly. Chirstopher Columbus sailed to the "New World" because of religious differences. ALL of history is basically revolved around religion. Just because I say religion, I dont mean "Christianity," I mean every religion. Boondock Saints was a good movie, I bet you agree, it was a religious movie. No offense, and I'm not judging you, but most of you probably would say its ok to haev Boondock Saints and not The Passion because one is a true story and one is not. Just about every religion says something about a man from Galilee named Jesus and who calls himself the Son of God, King of the Jews, ect...

Beleive what you want about who he is, but he lived! The Passion is a movie to show the last 12 hours of his life. He was persecuted by his own people and they were given the choice to crusify him or a man that continually robbed people. The movie is based on the last 3 or 4 chapters of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the bible. You can't beleive part of the bible and not the whole thing. The movie also flashbacks to other times in his life to show miracles he had performed. Whatever you beleive, this movie is meant to show that Jesus died for all of our sins and there is no way to get to heaven, but except through him.

Why believe in Hell and not Heaven?!?

How come its "intolerence" when you speak for God,
but "freedom of speech" when you speak against him? Exactly as said ... Jesus died for all our sins . It takes a strong man to be able to forgive the people that have beaten you , lashed you , and are about to cricify you . You can tell throughout parts of the movie , that when he was getting beaten , he would look into the eyes of the men with the whips and you could tell they knew they were doing something wrong . When they had the man help him carry the cross ... at the end of the journey the man believed in him . Also during his lashings with the whip and the metal hooks , Jesus did not once cry out in pain .

I know there is a lot of contraversy about religions . Many people do not believe the story of Jesus Christ nor do they believe in a Heaven ... but I for one , am a person that believes there is something better waiting for me once I pass on . I'm not the very religious type ... I don't go to church every Sunday , I don't say a prayer everyday ..... but I believe in a Heaven . I figure if I help people out .. by opening a door for an elderly person , helping someone or a family in need , or just respecting my neighbour , that when my time comes I'll be faced with Jesus and he'll let me pass through the gates into a place that HATE isn't a factor . MY opinions .

Quad18star
09-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
i heard it was a piece of ***** that it doesn't belong on the screen and is a total loser.....this all coming from an agnostic person mind you.... My responce to this .... Take the 2 1/2 hours that it takes to watch the movie , and after it's over make the decision for yourself ..... don't let someone elses opnion on the movie make up your mind about not watching it . Look at how many people have responded to this threat and said how great of a movie it was . These same people are some of the people I have seen reply to other threads about disbelief in religions . Even if you don't believe in the story being told , it's worth the watch just to see how well it was made , how realistic the effects look and you'll know why this was one of the top money making films out there , that was not supported by a major film producing company !!!

Punk'd
09-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Disaster
Really i heard it wasnt that good from several people.

You heard wrong..