PDA

View Full Version : oops

r450rr
02-25-2004, 06:58 PM
ok i got a question, I was changing the oil today in my 450R, an i had took the oil filter cover off and put the new oil filter in, ok this is basically a question for the people that has one.. but anyways i was tightning the shorter bolt it (the right side), and i over torqued it and it broke. but i managed to get the rest of the bolt out of the threads.. anyways i got my 400ex out there, and i was wanting to, there is a short bolt that goes on the ex's oil filter cover, and i was wandering if thats the same bolt.. could someone check for me, by part numbers or something.. because if it is i will just take the bolt out of my ex for the time being,,

thanks coty

Syrus
02-25-2004, 07:05 PM
why dont u just try and see if that other bolt works ?

Hammer trx450r
02-25-2004, 07:23 PM
or measure it up to the two broken peices. surprised it broke!! makes me cringe to think of the force you were tighting the oil filter bolts with.

r450rr
02-25-2004, 07:30 PM
no honesty heres what happened... i was using a torque wrench and it didnt release,, so i kept tightning it. and i finally was like ok this is to tight, but dumb me tighned it one more time and it broke..but those bolts are pretty weak because it was still easy to tighen right before it broke.. i think the are the same bolt i was just wanting someone elses opinon.. i sized them up an i couldnt tell exactly where the R's bolt was twisted and broke. so if anyone is in my position and have a 450R and a ex.. if they could check for me that would be great..or if someone could get part numbers and tell me there the same i would appreciate it .. thanks

coty

redrider410
02-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Coty
just come up to Ny and ask for sean at the monticello trading post, bring ure old bolt and ill hook you up son :)

r450rr
02-25-2004, 09:02 PM
just a few hundred miles to far away

Sportrax10
02-25-2004, 09:14 PM
I used to do that a lot with my 400ex... It was annoying!:cuss:

Im a lot more careful now...

r450rr
02-25-2004, 09:16 PM
does anyone have a email address i can send some pics of my new quad to ,, so it can be posted.. there large files like 1.9mb a piece. so if anyone has a large storage email and would like to post some pics for me it would be appreciated