PDA

View Full Version : looking for places to ride northern va

WOODS450R
02-25-2004, 06:04 PM
I LIVE ON BULL RUN MOUNTAIN IN HAYMARKET VA, WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS ANY GOOD SPOTS IN THAT AREA.

edz250r
03-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Woods...do you know of any areas? I've ridden in Dale City, but the riding area is shrinking due to new home construction. Let me know if you want to go out sometime.

Ed

chrchofdrt
03-10-2004, 06:20 AM
hey edz where at in dale city? i have ridden off the power lines near cherry hill road and down by the river. we ride out at my house or at a friends on sundays. i live off of 610 in garrisonville. there is about 45 acres next to my house and a grip of trails down the road. let me know if you want to go riding.that goes for anyone in NOVA.

landon
540-657-2338

edz250r
03-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Landon,

I've ridden some trails right off Cardinal Drive. Some of the trails lead right to the rear of the Walmart in Dale City. Do you know where I'm talking about?
I think I know of the power lines that you're talking about, but the one creek that separates the trail that takes you to the power lines has always been too high to cross when I am down there.
We'll have to hook up for a ride sometime soon. I'm almost done building my quad and should be ready in about a month. Have you ever ridden at Southern Maryland ATV Park? I believe it's right next to Budd's Creek. It's only about an hour away and I plan to check it out this summer.
I've also been out to the George Washington National Forest, but there are too many rocks for my taste.

chrchofdrt
03-11-2004, 06:22 AM
yeah i know where your talking about in dale city, that crap is deep but i managed to skim it once and get stuck in it about 5 times. i also got my 98 dodge that had 35s stuck in that crap, trying to pull out a stock jeep. there are ways around that hole and many trails to be rode, i have not been to the track in southern maryland. i have been to GWNF but i took my jeep. there are some pretty good trails out there.when your ready let me know and well hit up some local spots and maybe go to the track. there are a couple near richmond.