PDA

View Full Version : OT: Did I Score or What!!!

Willfulone
02-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Yesterday I got an email from Richmond International Speedway that said that there was a very limited number of just released tickets for the Bush Race and the Nextel Cup Race on 5/15. The only way to get them was to log on to this special link at 8:30 this morning, and buy them on line.

So you know what happened next. At 8:30 the site got bombed with hits and I couldn't get through :mad:

So I decided to call the ticket office and see if I could get them there, since the website was down. I pressed redial for 20 minutes...Busy :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was so mad that I called Daytona, and got the offices of Int. Speedway Corp. and got a hold of the coolest lady. She said
she could fix me up. :D She put me on hold for so long I thought she was just blowing me off. Right about when I was going to give up and slam the phone down she comes back on the line and say, sorry for all the problems, I have the director of the ticket office in Richmond on the line, I'll connect you now"

The next lady came on the line an appoligized for all the problems with the web site, and then said, "I have a row seats in the Old Dominion Grandstand that I'm just getting ready to release."
Now I figured there is going to be some kind of catch here, like they are all row 2 or something crappy like that. When she said that they were row 28!!! I almost fell out of my chair:eek:
Then she asked me how many I wanted. I was so shocked, I just said uhhhh 8. A few seconds later I was OTD with 8 of the hardest Nextel Cup tickets to get:D :D :D

Last year I got desprate and got a pair off of EBay a couple of weeks before the race for a $400 slap in the face...so i figure I'll keep 2 pair and sell 2 pair, which will pay for the Whole weekend!!!

Did I score or what!!!

Peace
Willfulone