PDA

View Full Version : Aight, some advice on building...

Out_Sider
02-25-2004, 04:58 PM
aight im gonna be getting a Z/KFX/DVX400 sometime soon, hopefully. and I've already got some plans for it, but money will be a lil tight for it because dad said he wont pay for any extras to it. But i was thinking about goin ahead and buying suspension then worrying about a pipe. Im wanting +3 standard travel burgards and elka ssd front shocks...can any tell me some other good things i could do to it, to get it started in the right direction for mx racing?

4TraxRider
02-27-2004, 09:55 AM
If you get the front done, you should also send the rear out to get ssd as well, and for mx you'll need a killswitch and nerfs nomatter what. If you jump at all you'll probably need a new axle quickly too, the stockers bend easily. Then tires and rims. After that do some engine work.

Shawn H
02-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Definitly a gusset kit if you go BIG on the jumps.:macho The rear shock is not as bad as the fronts and you will get buy with out a conversion for awhile it has ok ajustability. and save for a rear elka. there is always someone selling parts on Z400CENTRAL for the Z. Good luck.:cool:

Out_Sider
02-27-2004, 02:06 PM
well....i'll only make about a 1 grand this summer, so the suspension might have to wait until this winter...during next winter the gusset kit will come w/ a PC job and all that. So probably all i'll get will be tires, pipe, and bumpers, nerfs, tether, etc.