PDA

View Full Version : Jetted today but confused??

Tigman
02-25-2004, 04:58 PM
I jetted my 03 300ex today. It has a powercore 4 system and thats it. I bought a dynojet kit and it told me for my application to put in a 118 main. I looked at what I pulled out and the stock main was 122. My plug was already white from running the powercore 4 without jetting telling me it was lean. Do the sizes run different or should I go higher? and to what? I have the needle and mixture screw set to specs for my area also .

nikejoe
02-25-2004, 05:34 PM
The dyno jets are larger in diameter. A 118DJ may very well be bigger than a 122 stock Kehien jet. If it runs okay. I would put a new plug in and do the plug test. If your plug comes out golden tan to brown than I would say you are okay. Sorry I am no more help, but I've never worked with a 300ex. Do a search, you may be able to find other 300ex's with similar mod's and you can see what they are jetted at. Good luck with it! :p

beak7707
02-25-2004, 05:46 PM
I know that dyno jets and keihin are different sizes. I have been told there is a conversion chart on this site somewhere, but i havent been able to find it. It tells the conversions between keihin, mikuni, and dyno jet, jets. Not much help but if you could find that chart you'd be in business. One other thing i've never had good luck with dyno jet. I know you have already bought them, but i'd say you'd be better off to go buy a keihin jet.

Tigman
02-25-2004, 06:02 PM
thanks nike and beak, that clears things up and ill try and find that chart. One more question, any clue why the dynojet needle was shorter than the stock one? Its not a problem just curious.

cals400ex
02-26-2004, 01:20 AM
the needle is just designed a little different. it will have a different diameter and taper to it. i wouldn't get the plug to a golden brown if it was me. that is too rich in my book, but everyone has their own opinion. i would run the 118 and possibly try the next size up in the kit.

i have never seen a chart showing the keihin vs dynojets. i have seen a chart showing dynojets and mikuni jets though. however, this doens't help us out with our keihin carbs.