PDA

View Full Version : any body notice a difference when?

greghall
02-25-2004, 04:38 PM
They installed HRC kit,does it still have that tall 1st gear feel or did it get better?,I just got my bike so I have not rode it any lenth of time yet but I can see it does have a tall 1st gear.

Hammer trx450r
02-25-2004, 04:52 PM
nah the kit comes with a cam not a gear:D just more balls

greghall
02-25-2004, 04:56 PM
did the power band change, thats what I mean.

Hammer trx450r
02-25-2004, 05:21 PM
actualy it seemed to me it moved it up the rpm range. pulls good everywhere but 1st gear is still too tall

450r_rider
02-25-2004, 09:03 PM
I don't feel that the kit changed the low end feel in 1st gear. Although I don't believe it is a problem either. The bike is meant to be ridden aggressively and that means sometimes using the clutch more. I admit that it took me a day to adjust to the tall first gear but I did. If you still don't like using the clutch that much, a 13 tooth sprocket will compensate for it. I think Honda built the bike to race and be ridden hard so starts in first gear are meant to be hit like you got a pair.
I'm not saying that everyone should just deal with it, and I'm not so sure I won't put a 13 on. Just keep in mind it's a race built bike and things like the tall 1st gear are prefrence changes we all can make. The motor is solid and strong and will pull with however you decide to go clutch or sprocket.....

Just my 2 cents......:D

greghall
02-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah ill have to see ,Iuse to race my 400Ex in alot of HS's & use to rev the chit out of 1st gear so I should be alright.

joe1l
02-25-2004, 09:20 PM
I think the 14t is a bit tall for most applications, the 13t sprocket is a much better fit for most applications. I think that if you add a higher compression piston and an agressive cam, with a nice exhaust then the 14t will be alot more forgiving. I like the 13t for the added wheel spin. i will be play riding this bike, and not racing, so the added wheel spin will help me turn around faster, and is always a little more fun for me:p . The decision to go with the tall first gear is so that it gets awesome traction, something that is really important when racing.