PDA

View Full Version : best 250R fmx setup

tbyrd15
02-25-2004, 01:22 PM
I am new to the sport of freestyle and just got another 250R (295 kit) that i would like to turn into a fmx quad. i am wondering what i need to do or add to my quad to make it a good fmx quad. i would like to spend about $800-$1000, and i already have nerf's. also does the frame need to be reinforced or can i run it stock. i know there are similar questions like this on here but i thought things might be different for a 250R...or not?

thanks for any help.

250EXking
02-25-2004, 01:29 PM
First off, suspension. Good set of shocks, will keep you landing softly. Guessting your frame would also help. a set of bead locks for the rear and a good axle. i think it might be more then 1000 for a fmx set up. anything to improve your suspension and chasis will help.

wwclea01
02-25-2004, 04:05 PM
All I got to say is watch the huevos 5 video. The raptor on there is stock as a rock and he seams to do fine. You dont really have to gusset the frame until you start breaking it.

ramp rida 55
02-25-2004, 04:07 PM
all you really need is a good set of oversized handle bars like tag t2's and they need to be tall and skinny

tbyrd15
02-25-2004, 07:16 PM
just bought the huevos 5 video and it is on the way. as for handlebars, i have renthals, will this work fine.
thanks for all the info.

Nausty
02-25-2004, 08:11 PM
i'd say a good set of shocks, nerfs, handle bars and your set!

Depends on the condition of your frame if its ok to freestyle on or not.

I've been jumping my 400ex huge for a couple years now and we stripped it down to be gusseted and powdercoating and there wasn't any cracks on it.

If you start jumping really big all the time i'd suggest slowing getting parts to replace your rear end w/ aftermarket parts if they arn't already.

carrier first, then axle or swingarm

The main thing make sure you always land on the gas front tires up a little and rear wheels square w/ the ground and it should last you a long time even if its stock.