PDA

View Full Version : TT/Flat track Sway-Bar

300EX777
02-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Need a sway-bar for a 300EX. Can get a Dura-Blue from rockymountainatv.com for $240.00. Looking for something a little less epxensive.

YZEATER
02-25-2004, 11:08 AM
i have a home made one. 60 shipped. let me know if interested, i'll take a pic.

300EX777
02-25-2004, 11:13 AM
I have seen some interesting home made versions. I'd like to see some pics?

Thanks,

amiller576@aol.com

dirtmomma
02-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 300EX777
I have seen some interesting home made versions. I'd like to see some pics?

Thanks,

amiller576@aol.com

I[m curious do you have any pics of your 300?? Would love to see it. ;)

300EX777
02-25-2004, 11:26 AM
I actually dont have any pictures but have been meaning to take some. Will pass some on in a couple days. Where should I send them?

dirtmomma
02-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 300EX777
I actually dont have any pictures but have been meaning to take some. Will pass some on in a couple days. Where should I send them?

COOL you can send them to sandvig4@juno.com always nice to see another 300 flattracker out there;) What kind of motor mods do ya have??

300EX777
02-25-2004, 12:34 PM
:(

Dont have any other mods than what is listed right now. No engine mods until next winter. I will send my motor off to profabatv and get a 385 kit put in (motor work, modified rev box and oil cooler). Currently I have just a pipe/header and jet kit.

Before the season starts this year I will add s-works front TT shocks and a rear s-works w/rez. As you can see I am also looking for a sway-bar.

peace

dirtmomma
02-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Right on, so how long have you been flattrackin?? This is my 2nd year, last year I rode a blaster (my sons) this year I did much better on my 300 instead of finishing 10th I finished 5th :D hoping for a MUCH better finish next year!! Yeah I'm getting ready to get some head work & a cam,rockers, & valve springs for mine, just did the piston & bore in Oct. & am waiting for my 400ex carb to arrive in the mail!! I've heard that will help, seems like Im always wanting/needing more power LOL may put a 330 kit or bigger by next winter. Kinda looking for some front Hoosiers or similar I'm running radials now & they work good but would like something different for the hard clay tracks we will be running outdoors this summer but if I can't find any I'll stick w/ what I got!! Yeah I just got a sway bar the other day, I borrwoed my brothers for the last few races & man what a nice difference, it's homeade also, got it from someone on here, now we are going to copy it for one for the blaster we already have the materials so now we just need to cut & weld :) WEll enough of me babbling :p here's a pic of mine :blah:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pb20ce1af9085e5deab1b7ab832924c20/f9890aa6.jpg

300EX777
02-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Rock n Roll!! You sound pretty excited about racing. Dont see many chicks racing in our neck of the woods, I say rock on.

I used to race moto-cross in california and I just got into flat track racing. It is very different than being on two wheels. I have just one race under my belt and crashed in both heats. Need to get a little lower and definitely need that sway-bar for more control out of the corners. Figure I race my first season without engine work for the seat time. There are guys in my class that have $10,000 in there bikes. I just consider myself a weekend warrior.

I must say that looks like a killer track your on, clean!!

I just noticed a couple of hoosier fronts on e-bay, check em out. I have hoosiers all the way around. Here you cant beat the tri-trac rears for the clay surfaces.

peace

dirtmomma
02-25-2004, 01:57 PM
HAHA Thanks!! Yeah I was just over on Ebay & put a bid in on some fronts so we'll see. Yeah that track is SAWEET it's a new indoor one the best around!! They also have MX most of the time in there, they set it up for flattrack once a month or so, in April they will be having their 1st race there so thats gonna be a blast!! If you want a homeade sway bar I can look thru my private messages cuz there was a guy that had one I think for $50-60 if your interested!! I'll let ya know what I find out!!!

ckasper18
02-25-2004, 03:33 PM
My daughter rides a 300ex with 400ex plus 2 aarms plus 2 lsr swingarm aries 75mm piston white bros cam valve springs hardened rocker arms from web cams front and rear elkas hiper wheels front and rear kenda mx rears and fronts 400ex carb port and polish fmf exhaust hardkor hubs lsr rear axle and bearing carrier renthal bars and more .She races mx in wisconsin and at 13 she finished 3rd overall in the wisconsin quad mx series her first year out now she is 14 and working out and training wanting to be #1 for 2004 in wisconsin and i wish her well she deserves it.Will try to post pics of her and her bike in the next couple days.

ghak99
02-25-2004, 05:33 PM
How wide does that quad measure in the front, and what wheel offset do you run? I am getting ready to do the same a arm set up.

Thanks

Originally posted by ckasper18
My daughter rides a 300ex with 400ex plus 2 aarms plus 2 lsr swingarm aries 75mm piston white bros cam valve springs hardened rocker arms from web cams front and rear elkas hiper wheels front and rear kenda mx rears and fronts 400ex carb port and polish fmf exhaust hardkor hubs lsr rear axle and bearing carrier renthal bars and more .She races mx in wisconsin and at 13 she finished 3rd overall in the wisconsin quad mx series her first year out now she is 14 and working out and training wanting to be #1 for 2004 in wisconsin and i wish her well she deserves it.Will try to post pics of her and her bike in the next couple days.

300EX777
02-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Sounds like your daughter is the bomb!!! Glad I wont be racing her this season. Your about to defrost up there in Wisc and get started. I have a three month old daughter and would love to be a race dad.

Good luck to ya this race season, may your daughter be safe and trophies piled high.

Peace

dirtmomma
02-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by ckasper18

Right on!!! Always good to see them girls out there:devil: How does that quad run w/ the cam,rockers,valve springs,&400ex carb?? I'm getting ready to do that to mine plus some head work I CAN'T WAIT!! Yeah I have a 13 (14 in May) son that will also be riding my 300 next winter in the 250-350 4 stroke class & some of the people in it are already worried hehehe :blah: it's becuz they know he's a dang good rider, he just took the Youth 200cc Championship on his blaster so he's got some goals for next year to take the Open 200cc & 3rd or better in the 250-350 4 stroke!! He'll be running the outdoor flattracks this summer, he loves those cuz they are bigger :macho GOOD LUCK to your daughter can't wait to see some pics of the 300!!

ckasper18
02-26-2004, 03:17 PM
With just the carb and no mods i gained almost two horsepower on the dyno will have it back together hopefully by next week and back on my dyno will let you know what it has at the rear wheels.The front wheels are 2 plus three hiper with the plus2 400ex aarms and its a touch over 48 inches.I had custom built a new shock mount that i welded above the stock 300e shock mounts to get the right angle on the 400ex elkas and it rides so much better with more travel.Any other questions i would be more than happy to answer or help out....Chris