PDA

View Full Version : xrs only

sheekiller
02-24-2004, 07:20 PM
i dropped off my head & cylinder today at al bakers xrs only getting valve job ,bore & hone ,s/s valves,springs, some custom porting, just wanted to know has anyone ever done buisness with them they seem really cool and knoledgable :D

JD400exrider
02-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Have never had any motor work done through them but have talked to them in the past and ordered some things through them. I was goig to have the same stuff done through them for my motor but could not wait the 3-4 weeks it was goiung to take with shipping and all. They have been around quite a while and they know the honda motors very well. I would say your motor is in good hands. I think they also do the boring on the stock carb also. ;)

TORO1968
02-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Hey sheekiller,

Are you going to have them extend the cooling fins on your cylinder head? I'm contemplating having that done when I tear my engine apart...should be quite effective in my opinion.

-Jordan

Pro400
02-25-2004, 07:39 PM
i saw there 435 big bore in a mag do you think it is any good.

UglyMotha™
02-25-2004, 08:39 PM
i did alot of talking with al when i did my motor i was goin to do the cooling fins on mine but you don't want to do them unless your building a 465 or larger cause the fins work so well that the motor will run too cool with the smaller bores that it will actually rob you of power beleive or not

i can't rember his name he's an older member that hasn't been around in a while i'm sure some members will know who i'm talking about i think his name was like oldnumberseven or somthing like that he had a oranged chassis 400 with black plastic and i believe it was a 465 he had the big fin mod done and when he put it up on the dyno they had to turn off the cooling fan cause it wasn't letting the motor build up to it's optimum operating temp so they weren't able to get full potential out of it