PDA

View Full Version : no spark

QuAdEr 317
02-24-2004, 06:58 PM
my 250x is not giving spark. what could be wrong and wat can i do to fix it. can sumtin be loose or what. please help me with any suggestions:(

wheeltrax
02-24-2004, 07:02 PM
could be your CDI, coil, your spark plug wire, or could also be your ignition kill switch wire. One thing also is i know mine wont start in reverse.. check that also. Those are some possibilities. I would check some wires with a multimeter... sorry to hear, good luck however.

QuAdEr 317
02-24-2004, 07:26 PM
thanks a lot wheel trax. i will make sure i look at all these and see if their loose or damaged or nething. please ne1 else with suggestions . thanks again wheel trax
later,
leon

QuAdEr 317
02-24-2004, 07:29 PM
wheeltrax not to take this off topic but i noticed in ya profile you have tinner scoops. how do they look and did they fit good? and ne1 with the no spark suggestions please post
later
LeOn

QuAdEr 317
02-25-2004, 06:54 PM
bump i have no idea where to start

2004TRX450R
02-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Man it could be one of several different things. The first thing to always do is replace the plug. If that doesn't work unplug the kill switch and see if it will start. That will eliminate that weather it is good or bad. It should start with it unplugged. I think it has a key on it as I recall you just unplug that as well. It is really hard to go into diognostics on an ign. system online let alone to someone who has no idea what what they are being told to do. If it isn't something simple you are probably gonig to just have to take it into a shop to have it checked out. Maybe you should get a service manual and start reading that. It will give you some troubleshooting steps to take. Just make sure you get a facotry Honda service manual. They are the best.

QuAdEr 317
02-26-2004, 07:19 AM
thanks a lot 450r i have a manual and i have been looking through trouble shooting and the electrical lay out. thanks a lot