PDA

View Full Version : TRX450R carb.... CRF450 carb.... airboots... help me out

416exmx
02-24-2004, 02:08 PM
does the intake side (airbox side) of the TRX450R carb look like this ( with the two holes at the bottom)

416exmx
02-24-2004, 02:11 PM
what does the airboot look like where it goes to the carb?? is it round like this or is it round with an extra tube at the bottom for thoes little holes???

what is the inside diameter (in inches) of te TRX airboot there it hooks to the carb???

sorry but the shops dont have microfiches for the TRX yet...

rtyfz450
02-24-2004, 02:29 PM
I don't know about the trx450r carb but that first pic looks like a dsp powernow inside a carb. the holes are for alignment and you put a pin in then set it and remove the pin. The holes on the carb side are for the airboot to connect and clamp down right. sorry this really doesn't help

Blown 331
02-24-2004, 02:32 PM
I had the carb of my 450R and I don't remember it looking anything like that.

416exmx
02-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by rtyfz450
I don't know about the trx450r carb but that first pic looks like a dsp powernow inside a carb. the holes are for alignment and you put a pin in then set it and remove the pin. The holes on the carb side are for the airboot to connect and clamp down right. sorry this really doesn't help

haha ok ya lost me... the small holes at the bottom of the carb are the slow intake holes or something like that... This is a crf450 carb... i need to know if the TRX450R carb looks like that or not

416exmx
02-24-2004, 02:34 PM
ok here is all i really need to know i guess... what is the inside diameter of the TRX air boot where it connects to the carb???

86atc250r
02-24-2004, 03:16 PM
What he's saying is that CRF carb does not appear to be stock. It looks like someone has added a Power Now (http://www.dspmoto.com/powernow.html) device to it.

rtyfz450
02-25-2004, 02:20 AM
What he's saying is that CRF carb does not appear to be stock. It looks like someone has added a Power Now device to it.

yes,
Thank you that was excatly what I was trying to say.

Sportrax10
02-25-2004, 11:07 AM
I dont know if this will help or not, but there are pics of the 450r parts here...
http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/trx450r%20%2704/2004trx450r.pdf

Bretmd94
02-25-2004, 12:29 PM
I dont know if you should be jumping to throw that crf carb on the trx450r.

First off the carb on the trx is a new carb made for this bike. It has a lot of special stuff made to make it start easy. Is anyone really sure that the stock carb is not as good as the crf carb anyways??

I was also thinking about switching carbs but after taking my bike apart this last week and seeing the carb on it.... Im not switching. Mainly because of the hot start and the choke made for the trx450r is so nice and that i can almost always start it on the first kick. I dont want to risk tearing all the stuff out and have it be a pain to start. Especially when the stock carb is bigger than the crf, and it works just fine.

This is like people taking stock carbs off banshee's for dragging at the dunes. When in actuality the best carbs to be used on even extremely built banshee's turns out to be stock carbs that are ported. (unless you running alcohol).

I would be looking at exhaust, cams, etc first.

416exmx
02-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
I dont know if you should be jumping to throw that crf carb on the trx450r.

First off the carb on the trx is a new carb made for this bike. It has a lot of special stuff made to make it start easy. Is anyone really sure that the stock carb is not as good as the crf carb anyways??

I was also thinking about switching carbs but after taking my bike apart this last week and seeing the carb on it.... Im not switching. Mainly because of the hot start and the choke made for the trx450r is so nice and that i can almost always start it on the first kick. I dont want to risk tearing all the stuff out and have it be a pain to start. Especially when the stock carb is bigger than the crf, and it works just fine.

This is like people taking stock carbs off banshee's for dragging at the dunes. When in actuality the best carbs to be used on even extremely built banshee's turns out to be stock carbs that are ported. (unless you running alcohol).

I would be looking at exhaust, cams, etc first.

no no no... i dont have a TRX450R... here is what i am working on...

iceracer17
02-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Are you having problems with the carb angle?I think i have the air boot for the front of the carb (carb to engine)that angles it up a little.Plus it's a little longer than the crf boot.If i don't have it i can dig my receipts up and get the name of the place where i got it.Somewhere in upper mich.