PDA

View Full Version : Energy Release?

oynot400
03-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Has anyone heard of this stuff called Energy Release? It is an additive that you add to your oil to make your engine run cooler. I am not big on "additives" but I was talking to my engine builder the other day and he was telling me about it. He did some research on it, I guess that some sprit car racers use it. He tried it on the dyno with one of the Brigg's jr draggsters that he was working on. He claimed that it dropped the engine temp quite a bit, sorry I don't remeber the numbers. It is not a Slick 50 or anything like that. It has to be replaced after every oil change. He said that if I wanted to try it he would give me some for one oil change.
Just want to know if anyone else ever heard of it.

03-02-2002, 09:09 PM
can't hurt to try it. i heard of it but never used it.

03-03-2002, 12:49 PM
Once upon a time sparksracing.com had Energy Release for sale on their website and the site recommended its use in all of their engines. I was just on that site a minute ago and now cannot find any mention of Energy Release nor a recommendation to use it.

They do have a web site energyrelease.com which should answer some of your questions. I've never used it so I don't know whether or not it works.