PDA

View Full Version : Indiana badlands ride march 12-14

ckasper18
02-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Would anybody be interested in going to the badlands in attika indiana march 12-14.If you have never been there its got every type of terrain possibale from hill climbs to tight woods riding to mx track to mud holes. Its is a old corry that is pretty mutch a lot of fun.They have campgrond right outside of the park with showers electric hookups and even a little shop on the grounds.Flag is required on atv and dirt bikes and 4 wheel drive trucks is also allowed.The gang from the wisconsin quad series will all be there friday thru sunday.Any exriders want to go i will see you there.....Cjris
The wisconsin quad mx series referee/promoter

pairanutz
02-24-2004, 11:16 PM
that would be fun -new people to ride with -hope i can keep my in one peice that long

hosted
02-25-2004, 10:55 AM
We are going down there that Saturday. I can't wait to get back there.

250EXstud
02-25-2004, 03:29 PM
would really like to go but i am racing that sunday.

beak7707
02-25-2004, 03:34 PM
My friends and I are planning a ride that weekend. We will either be at attica or Haspin.

brian-250
02-25-2004, 08:20 PM
i can make it:D

Lil - Braff
02-26-2004, 02:36 PM
We might head up there. Not sure about what's going on yet. I definatly want to go tho. If anything changes please post it! ;)

KILLAQuad
03-01-2004, 10:56 AM
I might have to see ya there... that is the first day of (my) college spring brake so i might see ya there with a few of my friends ;)

I was there yesterday, (sunday) and it was awsome and i do plan on going back very soon :D

ckasper18
03-01-2004, 03:57 PM
There should be at least five of us coming down that weekend from wisconsin and one or two of my friends should be there from indy if his new trx450r comes in i will be delivering it to him at the badlands no better way to break it in then i healthy ride there i can not wait to get dirty for yesterday we were riding the snowmobile trails and i want dirt i am sick of winter and snow bring on the sunshine to melt this snow......Chris

roostin_dale
03-01-2004, 04:11 PM
i'd like to but im racing that weekend...i might be there later in march though...

bradley300
03-01-2004, 06:55 PM
i will be tyhere as long as there are no haspin or gncc races

pairanutz
03-01-2004, 10:41 PM
killaquad if that was your 450r with black hypers i saw sun at badlands -thats a sweet lookin ride -

KILLAQuad
03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
killaquad if that was your 450r with black hypers i saw sun at badlands -thats a sweet lookin ride -

Yep that was me with the big ol' summit bumper on the front,

thanks for the kind words and i found out on the drag strip area that my buddies YFZ wasnt faster than mine except for the front tire i gave him on the start,(not good with the clutch yet) and in the woods we were right next to each other.... hes a better rider than i am but i am trying to keep up with him and my other buddy on the Green KFX #31 if you saw them as well.... they are training me to go into the race scene this year cause my 440ex dubbed the EXploder kept blowing up last year :mad: (actually last time it blew up was at the badlands and i took it off the trailer and i started it missed 2nd gear and dropped the exaust valves)

I will be back down there again just as soon as possible it was so much fun :eek2: :D

pairanutz
03-02-2004, 10:56 PM
yep- that must of been you i saw in the top parking lot cruising threw -for some reason i didnt notice your buddys quads(caint imagine why) -that is dang tricked out for being a few weeks old -i didnt see you drag racin -when i was up at the strip there was a dual (yes dual )rear wheeled raptor (wish i would of got pics)and a ESR power valved 250r racing -i was waiting for some one to not stop before the cliff-i was sittin on the side watching -whats the point my 440 aint got enough to play with the new R and yfz- i had fun -caint wait till this thrusday and friday (no rain im hopeing) were gonna hit it again

jtej
03-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i will be tyhere as long as there are no haspin or gncc races

I thought we were going to LBL?

jonc623
03-03-2004, 09:43 AM
ill have to try to get my ex put back together for this ride wont take too long to drive 15 miles to ride for a day

pairanutz
03-03-2004, 11:50 AM
jon623 -are we going with these guys or are we going to first dist 15 harescramble on sunday -i aint do both

markk
03-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
My friends and I are planning a ride that weekend. We will either be at attica or Haspin.

Where is haspin??????

hosted
03-03-2004, 12:10 PM
http://www.haspinacres.com/home.html

pairanutz
03-03-2004, 12:11 PM
haspin is about 50 mile south east of indy down us 52 then about 5 mile north to laurel in
its has 2 mx tracks -small one is tight and technical -large one is moreof a natural terrain track
300 ft drag strip
and 700+acres off woods

jonc623
03-03-2004, 12:17 PM
hey pairanutz i dont know if ill even have the ex back together yet or not still waiting on parts to come in

KILLAQuad
03-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey Pairanutz, i saw a guy on a 400ex and 450r go over the cliff but nothin bad the did both role their quads though, and at the end of the day i saw a guy damn near ruin his brand new R up there by hittin a bump while braking and flipped it about 3 times never did see him get off the ground even though he said he was alright :confused:

pairanutz
03-03-2004, 10:49 PM
nice -i miss all the fun-thats a long way straight down-glad it wasnt me-you going the 12-14

jc better hurry up -need me too help:rolleyes:

i am supposed to leave in 7 hours but its raining and the @#$%*
im ridding with wont go if raining tommorrow :mad: -i just want to ride :(

pairanutz
03-11-2004, 11:18 PM
whos all still going this weekend -what are you all driving

ckasper18
03-12-2004, 07:00 AM
Two of my friends are there right now me and a friend of mine will be leaving tonight at 6 pm.We will be there late tonight and ride saturday and sunday see you there.......Chris

pairanutz
03-14-2004, 12:50 AM
well i was there -but wished i would of stayed home -sort of
got there late (as usual) ball joint broke on mine in about 30 min-so my buddy being the nice guy he is let me ride his banshee -which was cool till it ran out of gas in less than an hour -the float bowl was stuck and all his gas leaked out on the trailer and he didnt have spare fuel and oil for it-then my same buddy hit a small rut in the parking lot flipped the 440ex and broke clutch lever -no biggy we used mine as parts -tried to go out again -his 440ex blew a head gasket-about 50 yards from the truck-just one of those weekends that make you relize how good you have it most of the time -at least we werent hauled out in the ambulance-
i would of been mad if we were far from home but 30 min and having memberships there made it not so bad

so how was your guys trip -hope better than ours-what color is your bike -there was a very nice mx 400ex with hypers riding with a extremely nice aftermarket mx 450 with white plastic and a scoop

well maybe next time your there we can hook up and ride

ckasper18
03-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Yes that was my quad the 400ex and my friends crf 450 walsh with the white plastic wish i would of met up with you because i have spindles in my truck..The badlands was awesome but on the way home i seized the motor on my truck and had to have it towed lucky for us we were only 50 miles from home when that happened if you call that luck thanks to some customers that i sponser they brought there trailer down and picked us up at least our bikes our home cant say much for the truck.If you need a spindle give me a call at mikes cycle shop they cost about $60.00 i have them in stock 920-734-3363 sorry about your problems but broken bikes can be fixed and riding in the ambulance is no fun.hopefully we can hook up some time and ride...................................Chris

hosted
03-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Everyone in our group had good pretty good luck all day. I figured out that my battery on my 426 was dead when I got it off the trailer. Just pull started it with my buddies 300 4x4 a few times or pushed it down a hill when i had to start it, so it was no biggy. A 250r that was with us was having stator problems in the morning, but got it fixed by lunch. Other than that, there were 13 of us and no one had any other problems. The weather was nice, and it didn't seem to crowded.

pairanutz
03-14-2004, 10:58 PM
i saw you two -nice hypers-me and my buddy were trying to figure the other bike out -that is very nice looking ride -they both are -i passed you guys 3-4 times -i sat there looking at them up at the office -there was a fat guy (me)and a skinny guy(xcchuck)on 400ex with xc cowboy hat tanks -both exs were very dirty and muddy ridding with a too clean white yfz450
i had spindals too -it was my ball joint that broke
but thanks any way-i ordered them sat -be here wed or thurs i hope-sorry about your truck -but glad to hear evry one had fun

your buds bike is that r or 400 plastic and what kind of hood scoop is that-thanks

dannyvan
03-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah thats my crf 450 walsh
its a naca duct hood from quad tech
that was the first time i rode the bike, breaking it in for nationals
anyone going to georgia?
dannyvan