PDA

View Full Version : TEnnessee: Coal Creek (or any other close public riding areas)

HondaChris
02-24-2004, 12:19 PM
We are heading down to TN the 5th of April...my wifes visiting a friend of hers and I was wondering if there were any other public areas to ride in around there. Coal Creek is about 45 minutes I'm figuring from where they live (Sevierville). I might load up the Honda and take it down if there are places to ride. Has anyone ever rode there, and did you like it? What kind of trails does it mostly consist of? The pics in the Dirt Wheels article makes it look like mostly a mud playground! thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

HondaChris
02-25-2004, 11:25 AM
bump

Werx615
02-25-2004, 06:08 PM
when i went there was any kinda of trail u wanted. there wasnt much mud though and i was there when those pics were took. theres a lot of wide trails and technical stuff, i never found any big jumps or anything like that but there was a lil of everything else.

columbia7200
02-25-2004, 11:39 PM
I would say Honda Hills but you are in the wrong part of the state.

chad cavagnaro
02-26-2004, 05:53 PM
there is a place in greeneville tn. called I-81 motorsports park
www.amamotocross.com/i81motocross.html it is private owned for the public wich translate to a ride fee, think its only 15-20 for the day but they have motocross, flattrack, 5-7 miles of harescamble trails full restroom and showers, camping, snackbar,
the works!! open 7 days a week i think? i believe it is close to were you are going, not to sure though. i been there once on the way back from hatfield-mccoy ride. got to stay 20 min before my quad broke :grr:, :mad: id like to go back though, hope this helps.
have fun, chad

luvmyex
02-27-2004, 09:25 AM
there is any thing you want at coal creek/windrock. 72,000 acres of trails.Really not alot of mud unless you go looking for it.Go you want be disapointed.