PDA

View Full Version : new 450R

pead_24
02-24-2004, 10:51 AM
i heard alot of poeple telling me the new 450R is junk they told me the shocks blow out and the motors blow up is this true and is the 450 better than the yamaha 450?

seatec
02-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Dude, you need to change to a different group of people. The ones who told you the TRX is junk don't know their ***** from their Elbow. NO, the shocks don't blow out if you dont drop the Quad from the empire state building. No, the engine doesnt blow up if you dont let it revv full throttle in neutral, without oil for half an hour.

You cant go wrong with either YFZ of TRX.

pead_24
02-24-2004, 11:29 AM
bump

86atc250r
02-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Why the bump? Seatec told you what you need to know.

Anyone that tells you either of these quads is junk or either is significantly better than the other is either lying, ignorant, or plain stupid.

Let personal preference and/or whichever suits you better be your guide.

Pappy
02-24-2004, 11:43 AM
.........^..............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^.................................... ...........^............^.............^........... ...........^..........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .............^........................^........... .
what do my post and the first one have in common?

answer: they are both worthless and a waste of your time:blah: :devil:

seatec
02-24-2004, 11:46 AM
oh well pappy. i couldn't help myself. i know the post has all the ear marks of a troll but............

Pappy
02-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by seatec
oh well pappy. i couldn't help myself. i know the post has all the ear marks of a troll but............

you said what i was going to:p

seatec
02-24-2004, 11:49 AM
ahhh, its the "Great Minds" theory.:D

400extracc
02-24-2004, 12:18 PM
its just like any new thing that comes out........i wouldn't buy the 450r or the yfz450 just yet. you can bet that they will have problems. i would wait till next year to buy the 450r and the same for the yamaha. you guys that bought one right away are first hand testers for honda and yamaha.............what ever problems they have now will be worked out next year.

and i don't know, luv handa but the yfz450 is a dam nice quad!?!?!?:blah:

86atc250r
02-24-2004, 01:19 PM
That's true in the cases of some companies, however, you have to look at a manufacturer's history - Honda for instance has a long history of doing their R&D before releasing their first model.

Guess how different your 400EX is from a 1999.

Does anyone ever say "Don't buy the 1986 250R" - nope....

Of course, there can always be problems with a 1st year model, but assuming the 1st year will be riddled with problems and basing buying decisions on that alone isn't always the best idea.

Flyin#3-1/2
02-24-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
That's true in the cases of some companies, however, you have to look at a manufacturer's history - Honda for instance has a long history of doing their R&D before releasing their first model.

Guess how different your 400EX is from a 1999.

Does anyone ever say "Don't buy the 1986 250R" - nope....

Of course, there can always be problems with a 1st year model, but assuming the 1st year will be riddled with problems and basing buying decisions on that alone isn't always the best idea.

That's true, I don't think I expect many problems with the 450R in the first year....but hey, the first year Suzuki came out with quads they did a great job too, lol my 1984 LT185 hasn't had any problems yet except this past summer from when it's been beaten for 20 years:blah: