PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what stock jetting is on trx300 Rancher?

nikejoe
02-24-2004, 07:10 AM
My brother is getting his 2001 350 rancher rebuilt. He has an HMF pipe, K&N FILTER, and is getting it bored 25 over. Does anyone know what stock jets this thing would have? Also any ideas on where to start with the jetting. He is wanting to use kehin jets, and the honda dealer is a 35minute drive from his place, So we would like a reasonable place to start, so hopefully we don't have to make several trips to the dealer. Any ideas??? Thanks Guys!

mustang93
02-24-2004, 05:41 PM
main jet on the 2001 350 rancher is #130 I have a rancher its a great quad but hoping it up would be like hoping up a 250ex, dont bother. save for some tires or the kit that warn makes to make it 2 wheel drive 4 wheel selectable

nikejoe
02-25-2004, 06:18 AM
I know a rancher is not the ideal hop up machine, but we are not going to go crazy on it. It needed rebuilt so he's having it bored a little. He also needed a new pipe stock one blew apart. So he got the hmf. So with the pipe I told him we might as well jet it and throw on a K&N while we got it apart. Hey it makes sense to me???? ANyway anybody got any idea on what Kehin jet to start with for these mods. I was thinking like a 142 or so. but should I also do the pilot??? What size do you Guys think?:blah:

nikejoe
02-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Would we be better off just to buy a Dyno-Jet jet kit. Just so we have some options to try, since the dealer is so far away. As much as I hate DJ it sounds like this might be our best bet. It's just my opinion but why buy a kit with 6 or 7 jets in it that you are never going to use again??? I think they are a rip-off, but taht may be the way we go.

cals400ex
02-26-2004, 01:23 AM
buy the individual keihin jets. my friend runs a 135 to 138 depending on temperature with his rancher with hmf pipe and K&N filter.
are you going with a higher compression piston or just boring it out a little bit?

nikejoe
02-26-2004, 06:02 AM
Thanks guys! We will see what my bro thinks. I don't know if he is gettin a higher compression piston or not. He has ordered it all and is doing most of it. I was just trying to help get an idea on the jetting. Thanks Again! :p

cals400ex
02-26-2004, 12:48 PM
do they make a more aggressive cam for the rancher?

nikejoe
02-26-2004, 01:03 PM
do they make a more aggressive cam for the rancher?

I don't know if they do or not. But he is out of money, I know that. Things always end up costing more than you think. Anyway thanks for the help!