PDA

View Full Version : trx videos

atvrider12764
02-23-2004, 10:18 PM
anyone have any trx videos?

joe1l
02-23-2004, 10:32 PM
TRX vs YFZ (http://www.bluetraxx.com/temp/trx450_1.mpg)

TRX vs Predator (http://www.bluetraxx.com/temp/trx450_2.mpg)

I saw these today, and they made me smile!!:blah:

atvrider12764
02-23-2004, 10:38 PM
sweet any others?

44oEX
02-24-2004, 05:32 AM
every body says the yfz is faster but it looks like the R is the fastest one to me.

Clutch123
02-24-2004, 05:51 PM
Look closely at those vids.

1. the YFZ was asleep at the start

2. looks like the honda got a rollin start

3. What kind of tires are on that YFZ (no roost???)

4. The YFZ was catchin up to that 450R when it was down by like 5 lenths.

YFZ are faster from personal expirences.

STOCK TO STOCK
on pavement 500 yards closed industrial street.
bothe reached top speed

THE RESULTS

The 450R was behind 5-6 lenths SWITCHED RIDERS!!
And the top speed seems to be the same.

r450rr
02-24-2004, 06:05 PM
ok here we go again.. i raced a stock yfz this weekend and switch with the rider..on topend the yfz lost everytime, with me on it and with him on it.. from bottom to mid was the about the same, once we got to mid he he was ahead by about half a bike lenth,, and once we was pegged in 5th, i started to leave him..

but on the dirt drags we were dead even.

250EXking
02-24-2004, 06:06 PM
i dont want to be a mean or anything, but does the top speed really matter. both quads are good and winning races. let's wait and see once more red riders get out there. see what happens.

02-24-2004, 08:20 PM
The YFZ is faster. I have raced one at Pismo and my YFZ smoked it. I raced one on alky and high comp piston, pipe, and porting and we were dead even. you honda guys need to stop talking **** and realize the YFZ is faster. End of discussion.

r450rr
02-24-2004, 09:34 PM
well i am just goin by my test results.. an we switched to so.. i dunno ill beleive it when i see it,, and u need to go to the yama forum and praise it there. end of discussion

Greg Z
02-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by JakeZ400
The YFZ is faster. I have raced one at Pismo and my YFZ smoked it. I raced one on alky and high comp piston, pipe, and porting and we were dead even. you honda guys need to stop talking **** and realize the YFZ is faster. End of discussion. and what was the TRX stock? if the trx had the same stuff on what your YFZ had i bet the TRX would destroy it.. I mean look at the video dont give me bull **** about no roost no rolling start PLEASE......

if anything we are both wrong not just 1 person...

lukester720
02-24-2004, 10:59 PM
The YFZ is faster. I have raced one at Pismo and my YFZ smoked it. I raced one on alky and high comp piston, pipe, and porting and we were dead even. you honda guys need to stop talking **** and realize the YFZ is faster. End of discussion.

I like your story it was unique I haven't heard on quite like that yet. Do me a favor, next time you see that guy ask him where he got his high compression piston because nobody on all of the internet has any idea where to get one quite yet. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this site would like to know. If anyone on here knows where a guy can get one by the weekend let me know thanks.

joe1l
02-24-2004, 11:00 PM

So you raced a trx450r with alky and high compression piston porting etc. and won!! I didn't think the high comp pistons were out yet!! Some how i doubt all this was done to that TRX;). But if you somehow did beat up a highly modded 450r like you say then congrats. :D

I know that if you put both stock machines next to each other the YFZ will win most drag races. But no one really cares about stock drags anymore. I'm just going to have to wait and see for myself!!

Guy400
02-24-2004, 11:57 PM
The YFZ is faster. I have raced one at Pismo and my YFZ smoked it. I raced one on alky and high comp piston, pipe, and porting and we were dead even. you honda guys need to stop talking **** and realize the YFZ is faster. End of discussion. Jake, you should worry about getting your transmission fixed first before coming here with fantastical stories:rolleyes: :rolleyes: http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41108&highlight=

Greg Z
02-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Jake, you should worry about getting your transmission fixed first before coming here with fantastical stories:rolleyes: :rolleyes: http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41108&highlight=

lol jake i wasnt gonna say nothing but yoiu just got cought lieing you had your messed up tranny (because of your shifting) like before the TRX even came out and let alone HIGH COMP pistons

I love the lies that retards do to make them selves feel better...

anyways either way you cant go wrong with either bike..

but like this is a honda site....

go trx!:devil:

lukester720
02-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Nice detective work Guy! LMAO!

schmitthead
02-25-2004, 03:00 PM
cool

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Jake, you should worry about getting your transmission fixed first before coming here with fantastical stories:rolleyes: :rolleyes: http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41108&highlight=
LMFAO!!:blah: :macho

joe1l
02-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Thank YOU!!! One less YFZ flamer!!!

02-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Nope sorry guys I got my tranny fixed. I was racing Pres weekend at Pismo. I dont know where Eddie got his high comp piston from. This was EDDIE SANDERS bike. A guy out there also had a thunder alley pipe. Nice try though i give you props for looking.:D not a flamer just stating the facts. Oh and if any of you care Yamaha covered my entire tranny. I am getting ready for a race against a 450r. It has Sparks pipe, filter jetting ect. And well hes gonna get smoked. I will make sure and post pics when we are threw even if i lose. lol

r450rr
02-25-2004, 09:00 PM
please post them pics..lol

Evan400ex
02-25-2004, 09:19 PM
I have to say Yamaha isn't the best of quality. My dad and I have had a few yamaha's and we always have had something go wrong. Like my dads Warrior's electrical system had problems when he bought it. Then my Kodiak has some servo problems with the 4X4 disengaging. I'm not dissing Yamaha but they always have some type of flaw in their product.

I am very pleased with Honda. I have had my 400 now bored to a 416 for over a year now with 0 problems. It has been the most reliable bike I have ever had. So if I had to choose between the TRX and YFZ it would be the TRX!!! Ride Red:grr:

02-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Cool, Listen I think this is very important. I do not support one brand. Before this i had a suzuki it was a pos but it did the trick. It was what got me going in the atv thing. Like i said above I dont support Yamaha, Honda Suzuki or for that matter i dont support any brand. I ride what is best for my riding conditions. If I thought the TRX was better i would have bought it. i think it is stupid and narrow minded to be brand loyal. For some conditions the TRX will out perform the YFZ and vice versa. i am sorry you had problems with Yamaha. They have had some problems in the past but i truely think the YFZ is a good machine. So if your in love with Honda and you have your mind set on Honda then i guess you'll get a Honda. And i do realize that the YFZ is not the best quad ever, and am not narrow minded. Just my .02

Guy400
02-26-2004, 05:07 AM
I'm not saying you didn't or can't beat TRX's in a drag race but you raced and beat Eddie Sanders' TRX? There were a couple of guys from YFZCentral that were out on President's Day weekend and were watching an ESR TRX hand out ***-whippin's left and right. However, they saw this bike at Dumont Dunes and when Robert at ESR was asked directly about this quad they said it had a piston, cam, pipe and some port work--no alky and it was the only TRX they've done so far. So they were watching it race at Dumont and ESR has only built one so far yet you were at Glamis racing and beating it? Come on dude, this has nothing to do with anybody's loyalty to the TRX. You might have raced and beat somebody's TRX at Glamis that weekend but you didn't beat Eddie Sanders' bike, not when there's only one of them and several people watched it race at Dumont. This is what's frustrating about these internet stories. Either knowingly or unknowingly, people spread stories about racing some super-quad and beating it but in all actuality they don't know who or what they raced. I raced a blue YFZ with GT Thunder stickers on it and beat it through the woods--obviously it must've been Bill Ballance because his quad is the only one in the country to sport GT Thunder stickers and I don't know the level of modification but I'm going to assume it had a 500 kit, alky, pipe and Holley 650 double-pumper with nitrous:rolleyes:

I don't moderate these drag race stories because I know the results are going to swing both ways over time. I only feel compelled to reply in the bull$h!t stories.

02-26-2004, 05:42 PM
if you would have read my post more carefully I said. Pismo. Eddie Sanders was at Pismo racing. Also i didnt say that i beat him i said i was tying him. man you need to get the ****in facts straight. I dont know how i can prove that eddie was there, so your just going to have to take my word for it. And this is not a bull**** story. the trx you are hearing about is probably the crf motor in a titianium frame. i have a pic of it somerwhere and i know its fast. so **** off.:eek2:

Guy400
02-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Pismo...Glamis, either way it's not Dumont so who knows what you were racing. The really sad part for you is that you just couldn't carry on an argument without the flaming. Telling a moderator to **** off is a sure way to find yourself a new member name. Next time you'll be seeing a message about your IP being banned.

BTW, I was at Silver Lake last weekend and I was racing Unicorns, Cyclopses and other mythical creatures:huh :p