PDA

View Full Version : Powercore Iv-2 Q S/a

Leo
03-02-2002, 06:50 PM
Well, I'm in the market for a quieter pipe.. I love my T4 but unfortunately most places where I ride it's just to darn loud..

Is anyone currently running this pipe..

"POWERCORE IV-2 Q S/A" ..?

If so what are your thoughts on it, especially it's noise level..?

Thanks,
Leo

Tommy 17
03-02-2002, 06:53 PM
leo i asked knighttime in the chat room last night about it and he told me its still got the deep noise just quiter and it gave the same performance as the fmf powercore 4... i am really thinkin about gettin the pipe 2 when i get one bc of the noise... i don't wanna make people mad and ruin riding...

oynot400
03-02-2002, 09:36 PM
Leo,
Have you looked into getting the Power bomb head pipe for it? I got that with my T-4 and it is alot quiter. The only reason I know is the neighbor has a T-4 and stock head pipe and I can hear him coming from 2 miles away! :huh

03-03-2002, 08:02 AM
Leo,

I'm running the Q and am happy with the noise level. I used to run the yoshi so I know the noise issue you are talking about. The Q doesn't seem to have the same power but I don't feel it is enough to matter. The sound is deep but is much quieter. Even at WOT the quad isn't super loud. The only drawback I have found is the band you install has 2 o-rings that you are supposed to lineup and not pinch. Good luck with that. I finally wrapped the pipe with some electrical tape and tossed the o-rings. They broke after 10 hours. Hope this helps.

Braff1
03-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Leo,
If you decide to sell your T-4 and the price is reasonable I would be interested in buying it from you.

Dan

03-03-2002, 12:43 PM
I am also very curious about this pipe. I was wondering if the powerbomb header makes that much of a difference with this silencer. I would get it for the heck of it if I had the money but my money situation is real tight so all im wondering is if the header makes a noticable difference. Please help! thanks in advance.

knighttime
03-03-2002, 05:23 PM
I bought my quad used. It had the FMF powercore muffler on it. It was loud.

I then bought the powerbong header pipe and noticed a nice big difference in power. That header is also supposed to cut db's by 2.

I then did some badly needed rejetting and put on the FMF 4Q. This pipe not only looks good, but I feel gives better gains than the powercore. I think I almost wrecked that night when I first tested it. When I hit the throttle, it really took off like never before.

The 4Q gives a nice sound and is relatively quiet and gives nice powergains.

Mines runnin' a little louder now because I have to repack it (I use moose "quiet packing"), and because I have the 416 and xr cam.

Also, believe it or not, but FMF recommends repacking about every 10-15 hours.

It still roars, but it's not too loud, if you know what I mean. Kinda like a nice deep tone that doesnt carry too much.

I would guess that the pro-circuit pipe would give slightly better gains, but when you combine the 4Q and powerbong, FMF wins. :cool:

Leo
03-04-2002, 04:58 AM
I can't decide what to do.. Might just have to go back to stock for most of my riding, and save the T4 for times when noise isn't going to be an issue..?

Leo

knighttime
03-04-2002, 06:58 AM
I would just a get a quiter aftermarket pipe. The stock pipe sucks and techinically you would have to change your jetting every time you changed mufflers.

03-04-2002, 07:04 AM
Hey Leo,,,I got a powercore 4 square w/SA,,,,not the Q,,that will be getting replaced pretty soon,,probably within the next month hopefully sooner. Once I get the other new pipe on I'm gonna repack the FMF pipe,,if ya wanna test it out and see what ya think let me know. IF ya want it I'll sell it to ya for a good price if ya don't then ya can ship it back to me...let me know dude.

This pipe is about 14 months old,,in good shape,,and was designed to keep noise levels,,low,,,has some kind of like airplane wing inside to throw the sound around,,,it is quieter than the procircuit and most other pipes I think,,it's a deeper throatier sound.

We could also trade pipes if ya want...:D