PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel this way???

cannondale4good
02-23-2004, 09:42 PM
I don't know maybe it's just me, but I'm getting sick of seeing EVERY race pic and about EVERY quad is a YFZ450. Like I said maybe it's just me. Just seems a little "cookie cutter". I'm not saying it's not a performer and it is possibly the best right now. I just like to see a cluster of quads. Hopefully more Honda's will be out there soon enough, shaking things up.

JOEX
02-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Not too long ago the samething could have been said about the 400ex and probably was. The YFZ is currently the machine to beat....

Joe

SRH
02-23-2004, 10:11 PM
race quads went 250r now the yfz is improved over the 250r and took its place, the 400ex has always been the best play quad and alll around ride but never the best race quad, the 250r sat there...til now

Diedrich
02-23-2004, 10:13 PM
nothing will ever take the place a R...they might have some better mods since they're newer but a R will always be on top in MX

Narly R
02-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Diedrich
nothing will ever take the place a R...they might have some better mods since they're newer but a R will always be on top in MX

All the new bikes have just evolved from the r. If it wasnt for that you guys would have ur yfz's! So you better appriciate it!:grr: :p i love the new yami's. I love my r. If I ever get another bike it will defently be the yfz.:cool: shure everyone is riddin them, but they dont get old to me...:)

Bean
02-23-2004, 10:24 PM
they still havnt unseated the R as the TT and flattrack king yet, and the R is the easiest bike to find parts for at the local track, try finding a yfz or crf piston or replacement head at the track, lol

Narly R
02-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Why did ol' Jerimiah stay on that old outdated R so long? Ohh because it won him a national title? :cool: But the yfz is awsome, thats all there is to it.

buddha440ex
02-23-2004, 10:47 PM
2 names on one bike

Jones - Ballance

lil400exman
02-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by buddha440ex
2 names on one bike

Jones - Ballance
heheh another thing is why when ballance wants to win he hops back on ol faithful and if money wasnt involved would they still be on a YFZ?:rolleyes: :confused: think my boy think i htink the Mfg. may be using you as a puppet now:rolleyes: :o

02-24-2004, 10:55 AM
I bet half the quads at the Texas GNCC were new yammie's....:eek2:

Felt good passing some of them on the trusty fo sixteeeen..:D

cannondale4good
02-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Now THAT'S funny!! would have liked to have been there!

Mr.Offroad
02-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by cannondale4good
I don't know maybe it's just me, but I'm getting sick of seeing EVERY race pic and about EVERY quad is a YFZ450. Like I said maybe it's just me. Just seems a little "cookie cutter". I'm not saying it's not a performer and it is possibly the best right now. I just like to see a cluster of quads. Hopefully more Honda's will be out there soon enough, shaking things up. Yeah, and when the new Honda comes out, it's all you'll see for a long time. It's been this way right through the generations of quads. I DO remember when the 400EX dominated all the pages of all the quad magazines, to the point of being sickening. Then the Raptor, and so on. I always like it when the mfg.'s haven't come out with anything fresh for a year or so, then you get to see genuine articles and shootouts between all the different quads. Get used to it!:rolleyes: