PDA

View Full Version : the broke 300...again

andyyurko
02-23-2004, 09:16 PM
ok guys here's another one for yaz....
now my 93 300ex is actin up even more. anywhere past half throttle its surgin or boggin, im not sure what you want to call it, but its sort of like vrooom....vroom.......vroom......and this happens with the throttle in the same place. its only at high throttle but this leaves me with absolutally no power at top end and basically it's unridable.

i heard a few theories: the first is that there is an electrical problem where the cdi is not gettin enough current for use at high rpm....and the second is that it needs carb adjustments. however, i kind of ruled out the carb part and i adjusted it to run leaner and even took the air tube off so it would throw out any excess gas, and it still does it

i replaced the spark plug, the oil filter, and cleaned out my air filter. im pretty sure theres nothing in the gas tank that would block the lines, and it's still doin it.

so basically im askin people who may have had this problem before what to do about it and what else it could be.
thanx again

andyyurko
02-24-2004, 04:31 PM
bump

TRX300X
02-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Sounds like you have something clogging your main jet. If you want to check the spark get a dynamic spark tester at an auto parts store and hook it up in series with your spark plug cap and your plug. This way you can see your coil sending out spark while the engine is running. If you lose spark at high rpms you know it's spark. They're pretty cheap and everyone ought to have one. But I still say fuel.

44oEX
02-25-2004, 05:51 AM
I would say it's probably the needle. change the clip up or down one position and see if it helps. it sould.