PDA

View Full Version : Banshee

SSracingNY
02-23-2004, 06:12 PM
My buddy's planned a day of riding after school one day. Ofcourse the day I had to work so i was kinda bent that i couldnt ride but when i got out i bumped on over to his house and just drove my truck through his backyard to where they were. One of my friends has a banshee, and the other has a 400ex. I got out there and we all talkin then they start ridin around and im sittin there wacthin the banshee just eat up the 400 like its nothing. then he powerslides over to me and asks if i want to ride. so im like hell yea, get on, im wearing his helmet, t-shirt, blue jeans and a pair of work boots. but w/e. so i hopp on and give it a kick then suck up that oh so sweet 2in1 pipe sound out of a banshee. This thing is crazy, he had spidertrax on it i think and i was throwing the sickest roost, it was definatly off the seat power. May seem nothing to you guys but i went from a KX125 MX bike to a blaster. but anywho. Now he has a Raptor and is tryin to get rid of the shee. He keeps beggin me to buy it from him. I want to but i dont have the money and he said he will trade it for my 99 v-max 600 tripple dlx model. This was in the middle of the math test so i said ill think about it. Id like your opinions. How reliable are banshees? top ends are too expensive but will it go out faster b/c of 2 cylinders? how are they jumping? I hear they are nose heavy even tho it lifts the front pretty well. how hard would it be to put a thumper in it? im definatly thinking one with liquid cool since the shee already has the radiator. what you think?
2001 Banshee
has aftermarket bumper
just all gone through
wiseco pistons
bloodshot eye headlight covers
i think he said 250r 2in1pipe
aftermarket silencer, not sure which one
extra plastics
plastics due have some white stress marks

Greg Z
02-23-2004, 06:17 PM
i had both quads... and for jumping / motocross / trails / the EX will eat up the banshee... Banshee is good for open wide trails / open fields/ dunes / straight line movement and there not to reliabel

SSracingNY
02-23-2004, 06:21 PM
I can get a 2000 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 auto atv if i trade my sled. it has 200miles and is in damn near showroom condition. i wouldnt keep the Arctic cat, i would trade it for a 400ex or something. which would be the better deal

02-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
i had both quads... and for jumping / motocross / trails / the EX will eat up the banshee... Banshee is good for open wide trails / open fields/ dunes / straight line movement and there not to reliabel

yea in a drag the shee will beat it but not in the woods

416exmx
02-23-2004, 06:27 PM
hahaha.....250r 2into1 pipe... :rolleyes:

SSracingNY
02-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
hahaha.....250r 2into1 pipe... :rolleyes:

im not sure thats what it is but theres only 1 pipe commin outta the heads and its styled like the 250r-trx

416exmx
02-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by SSracingNY
im not sure thats what it is but theres only 1 pipe commin outta the heads and its styled like the 250r-trx

if that is all you know about shee's...dont buy it

400grl
02-23-2004, 06:51 PM
I jump the crap out of my Banshee - they aren't hard to jump at all. It's not nose heavy if you know how to hit the jumps right......the power will actually have a tendancy to make you jump nose up if you blip it too much. I've seem more people loop out on Banshee's than nose down........but...yeah....if you don't know much about two-strokes, you would be better off with a 400ex or something.

BTW - I understand the reason for going two into one pipes is to get more bottom end for mx and trail riding........there are quite a few Banshee racers that have that set-up.

SSracingNY
02-23-2004, 07:12 PM
my intentions were to not keep the banshee for a long time, but its much easier to sell or trade that then a blaster that i have now. ive had 3 2-strokes so far. bike, trike and my blaster. i just dont remember what he has on it. im trying to remember this stuff from like the end of last summer. im looking for a 400 in NY or PA

MEL
02-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by SSracingNY

its must likely a dynaport exhaust. gives it alot more bottem end.