PDA

View Full Version : Canada!! :D

DaKid
02-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Im not sure if this is the right Forum to post this in, if its not sorry in advanced. But I plan on getting a 400ex this Summer, Ive never owned one but I have drove one and I loved it!! Ive been hooked since. I was just wondering, does anyone on here know a online website, Candian based, that sell's used 400EXs? Or any Quads for that matter... I only know of autotrader.ca but I would like more options. Thanks guys.

exatak199
02-23-2004, 06:04 PM
www.buysell.com is a good place. where in canada are you from?

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-23-2004, 06:04 PM
go to ebay you might find somefin'

DaKid
02-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Im in Ontario, Im about 1 hour away from London. Thanks for the quick responds :)

blondie69
02-23-2004, 06:11 PM
Offtopic: Have u ever gone to MuchMusic?:blah:

xr50layke
02-23-2004, 06:13 PM
yo i have tegan :D

im pretty close to you, hamilton area.

DaKid
02-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Heheh Blondie, No I have not..

xr50layke :) Sweet, Where did you buys yours at?

blondie69
02-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Oh man haha. I wanna go to muchmusic:blah:
& Layke...u don't have me..I have a man:devil:

nacs400ex
02-23-2004, 07:35 PM
I live in Barrie, Ontario (1hr away from toronto) Try www.supershopper.ca Dakid. I just had a 400ex forsale, sold it today actually.year 2000 for $4550 CDN, it had nacs graphics, ac nerfs, renthal bars, black maier plastic, fibe carbon hood, few other odds and ends. I figure I would give you the price I sold it for so you know the ballpark range.

xr50layke
02-23-2004, 08:08 PM
i went to an FMX event in hamilton and i was sitting beside 400exBro and i didnt know it. hes like "...this may sound crazy, but i think i was sitting beside you." on msn. wicked cool :cool:

tegan: i meant i have gone to muchmusic, you flippin retard :rolleyes:

good riding down here, no one complains. cept my neighbours. they are tired of my KE100 roaring up and down the dirt road (wait till i get a bigger bike :eek:) because his father has to sleep if he is not at work (what the kid tells me), so whenever he washes his car i yell over to him "GET TO SLEEP" :p

DEAL
02-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
i went to an FMX event in hamilton and i was sitting beside 400exBro and i didnt know it. hes like "...this may sound crazy, but i think i was sitting beside you." on msn. wicked cool :cool:

good riding down here, no one complains. cept my neighbours. they are tired of my KE100 roaring up and down the dirt road (wait till i get a bigger bike :eek:) because his father has to sleep if he is not at work (what the kid tells me), so whenever he washes his car i yell over to him "GET TO SLEEP" :p

Show some respect.

blondie69
02-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke

Hey Layke...guess what...
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu3.jpg

:devil:

DaKid
02-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the Link Nacs, I used to live in Minesing.. thats like 5 minutes from Barrie :D I only lived there for half a year though. Do you live in the City, or on the out skirts?

Ya a couple of my buddys have Quads, one has a 400ex and he said he is paying 4450, so I guess the Mid-High 4000's are a reasonable price :)

DangerousDean
02-24-2004, 01:26 PM
www.canadatrader.com is a really good one.

ps: why iseveryone in canada from the eastern side :(

no cool western dawgers

blondie69
02-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDean

no cool western dawgers

We just produce more quad loving offspring out here!:devil:

Glow Plug
02-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
We just produce more quad loving offspring out here!:devil:

mabye its just people there do more that use quads for hunting :rolleyes:

xr50layke
02-24-2004, 03:26 PM
deal, the kid is stupid, and his dad doesnt either sleep/work lol.

tegan, your on thin ice :p

400exr
02-24-2004, 03:41 PM

no cool western dawgers

There's lots of us up here in B.C, but we're more out having fun riding than on the forum:cool:

400exBro
02-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey
i have a 2001 400ex for sale in ontario it has lots of stuf on it... i am asking 5 950 Canadian for it...
i am 30mins away from london going towards Kitchner around the woodstock area
I have a White Brothers Slip on
AC racing pro peg nerf bars
K&N Filter and Jet kit
Sparks Advacne timing key
Renthal handle bars
Pro design kill switch
Cosutm seat cover from Fibe Industries
Nacs p-block off
Easy pull clucth lever
pro design kill switch\
splash n dirt dual roll bearing carrier
New DID 520atv oring chain
Always ran synthic oil, it was serviced my a Licenced mechainc so everything was done by the book, this machine rips, lots of money invested into it, i am losing lots of money for this price, get back to me if intersted and i can give you my number
thanks

Quad18star
02-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Try www.trader.ca or autotrader.ca . You can also try Offroad Cycle and ATV 1-905-885-7278 or www.offroadcycle.on.ca

DaKid
02-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
Hey
i have a 2001 400ex for sale in ontario it has lots of stuf on it... i am asking 5 950 Canadian for it...
i am 30mins away from london going towards Kitchner around the woodstock area
I have a White Brothers Slip on
AC racing pro peg nerf bars
K&N Filter and Jet kit
Sparks Advacne timing key
Renthal handle bars
Pro design kill switch
Cosutm seat cover from Fibe Industries
Nacs p-block off
Easy pull clucth lever
pro design kill switch\
splash n dirt dual roll bearing carrier
New DID 520atv oring chain
Always ran synthic oil, it was serviced my a Licenced mechainc so everything was done by the book, this machine rips, lots of money invested into it, i am losing lots of money for this price, get back to me if intersted and i can give you my number
thanks
Well I will have to talk to my Dad about it, he is helping me pay for it in the begining... then im gonna pay him back after the summer. But im definetly interested. Ohh and, Any pics! :D

daiglea
02-25-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by DaKid
Well I will have to talk to my Dad about it, he is helping me pay for it in the begining... then im gonna pay him back after the summer. But im definetly interested. Ohh and, Any pics! :D I have delt with 400EXbro on 2 different occation and have been pleased with the results every time. Great guy to deal with.

400exBro
02-25-2004, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by daiglea
I have delt with 400EXbro on 2 different occation and have been pleased with the results every time. Great guy to deal with.

thanks, your stuff should be leaving today or tomorrow...

yes i have some pictures, what is your e-mail address DaKid??? i would be happy to send you some...
if you would like to contact me my e-mail is honda400ex_racer@hotmail.com

thanks

44oEX
02-25-2004, 05:34 AM
Since there is a forum of canadien going, I will be looking for a front end for the 400, shocks and a-arms as soon as I can sell my spare motor. I will tade the motor for the front end if anyone is interested. I figured I would ask since you guys all know it's a pain to buy from the states and they don't want to give us a for sale forum.

I anybody has anything for sale or wants a spare motor let me know.

daiglea
02-25-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by 44oEX
Since there is a forum of canadien going, I will be looking for a front end for the 400, shocks and a-arms as soon as I can sell my spare motor. I will tade the motor for the front end if anyone is interested. I figured I would ask since you guys all know it's a pain to buy from the states and they don't want to give us a for sale forum.

I anybody has anything for sale or wants a spare motor let me know. I might let go of my front end for a long travel setup. Let me know wen you are ready to buy. I know 400EXBro had some nice elkas.

44oEX
02-25-2004, 06:05 AM
I am very interested in your a-arms if the price is right but I want to get something better then works.

How much for the a-arms and tie rods. it's nice you would'nt need to ship them. Just pm me thanks

exatak199
02-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 400exr
There's lots of us up here in B.C, but we're more out having fun riding than on the forum:cool:

yey yey this is where da party is at ;) ya most ppl just ride and dont logon to any fourms.

daiglea
02-25-2004, 11:14 AM
I work for the Canadian federal goverment during the day so i got nothing else better to do ;).

nacs400ex
02-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by daiglea
I might let go of my front end for a long travel setup. Let me know wen you are ready to buy. I know 400EXBro had some nice elkas.

Are you sure 400exbro had elkas? Last time I remember he had Works ??!?! Maybe you got confused between him and I, I had Elka's.

Anyways, I live on the outskirts of barrie... near horseshoe. Pretty much 10 minutes from minesing.

44oEX
02-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Maybe you got confused between him and I, I had Elka's.

So you don`t have them any more:confused:

400exBro
02-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Craig i bought a set of elkas , i sold my old work shocks to Daiglea i also got a set of JD +3 a arms, fcr carb and someother little things, i sold the a arms, and one of my hoods, and maybe the carb don;t know yet...

i still have the shocks, i would like 980 canadian for them they new cost 1400 canadian... they are ssd triple rate piggy back with compression adjust...

DaKid if you are still intersted in my machine maybe we can work out a deal and you could get some of those aftermarket parts i still have left?? (LSR axle 1.5-3.5 over stock, elka shocks, yellow plastic with shaved fenders and fibe industries hood...???) also i would like to get a hold of you so you can call me and we can talk, possible you can stop by??

thanks

DaKid
02-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Alright, I talked to my dad about it, seeing as though I dont have a job right now, 5950 is a bit to steep at the moment. If you still have it after summer id definetly be buying it. Im thinking my dad is going to end up buying an older 400ex for like, 4500 or somthing around there.

Billa_bong38
02-25-2004, 07:16 PM
I have a 2001 416ex. with many many many extra's.

Too tired to list them all now... but if your intersested i will..

I will let u have it for $5500..

let me know ?

Got nads?
02-25-2004, 08:24 PM

no cool western dawgers

What are you nutz?:grr:

Got nads?
02-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Billa_bong38
I have a 2001 416ex. with many many many extra's.

Too tired to list them all now... but if your intersested i will..

I will let u have it for $5500..

let me know ?

That is a pretty good price! I sold my 99 440EX for $5000.00, and my frame was cracked above the front right shock mount, but the motor was still in prime running condition.:cool:

400exBro
02-26-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by DaKid
Alright, I talked to my dad about it, seeing as though I dont have a job right now, 5950 is a bit to steep at the moment. If you still have it after summer id definetly be buying it. Im thinking my dad is going to end up buying an older 400ex for like, 4500 or somthing around there.

i hope it will be gone by then, i need the money to buy the trx450r...

ya i know that you can get some 400ex for 4500 but you won't get the same quality of parts and you are granteed to have problems down the road... My buddy bought a stock 400ex for 4800 and that is a pos i tell you he has had more problems from the couple months he owned it then i have had the enitre 3 years, i didn't have any problems with mine, it was always taken care by a certified mechanic.... Everything was done right, oil changed regulary replaced the sealing washer and o-rings everytime as well plus the oil filter... air filter was cleaned after every ride as well as the cahin then oiled with proper oils...
this is what you would be missing out on a cheapier machine...
thought i would help you out not that you end up in the same situation as my friend...
i wish you the best of luck finding a 400ex...

nacs400ex
02-26-2004, 02:32 PM
My bad 400exBro and Daiglea, I still thought Timo had the works. Meh, oh well.

DangerousDean
02-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
That is a pretty good price! I sold my 99 440EX for $5000.00, and my frame was cracked above the front right shock mount, but the motor was still in prime running condition.:cool:

I hope you told the buyer it was cracked :grr:

ps: you got a 450r ? suppper nice a guy here bought one from lac la biche.. they still have one more :eek:

how much did you pay for yours?? and whered u get it ?

DaKid
02-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Just wondering.. 400ex - 416ex... whats the difference?

Blysster
02-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
What are you nutz?:grr:

Dean must be classifying Ontario and Quebec as Eastern?!

Not too may true Easterners on here.. 8-9 of us maybe.

redrizza
02-26-2004, 06:18 PM
I haven't been like "in" Much Music, but I've been by on the sidewalk several times. I've stoped once or twice and watched through the window while they're filming and stuff. It's pretty cool. :) If your close enough to go to Much Music, you take about a 20min. drive out of the city and you can be at Elka... Now that is the place to be for folks like us. :devil: :macho

400exr
02-26-2004, 09:33 PM
In 2001 I got my 99' 400 for 4500 and it was mint. The guy had run one tank of fuel through it. The stock tires still had the little hairs on the top of them!. He let it go cause he needed the money and he said he didn't have the time for it. So, there is always some out there for a good price, you just have to find them ;)

DangerousDean
02-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Blysster
Dean must be classifying Ontario and Quebec as Eastern?!

Not too may true Easterners on here.. 8-9 of us maybe.

yup
bc and alberta is west
sask. and manitoba is central
and everything else is east haha

ps:400exr, thats a pretty good deal!
I got mine its a 2000 for 4200 with nerfs and renthal bars.
It was in mint condition, the guys wifes quad, a few scratches on the back plastic, and one dent in the front rim .

now the plastic is getting kinda beat, and theres a ton of dents and gouges out of my rims and ****..

44oEX
02-27-2004, 06:23 AM
is there anybody from NB going to the ice race at the centre for speed in shédiac? next sunday ( march 7 ). I will be there if I have a chance to finish my beast next week

Blysster
02-27-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 44oEX
is there anybody from NB going to the ice race at the centre for speed in shédiac? next sunday ( march 7 ). I will be there if I have a chance to finish my beast next week

I didn't know anything about it..

Is it at the can-am speedway? Do they have somekind of webpage? I'd like to know more about it....

44oEX
02-27-2004, 12:25 PM
it is at can am but the name changed to centre for speed.

the site is http://www.centreforspeed.com/pages/728999/index.htm

There are drag race and flat track. for atv car and snowmobiles.
Let me know if your going blysster