PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Steering Stems

hondafreestyler
02-23-2004, 02:58 PM
how stong are the Burgard's compared to like lonestar ... rpm ... arens? ...

does anyone have a picture of the "show" chrome and how would the chrome hold up?

thanks
-Mike

cummingetit
02-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Sorry I cant answer your question, but I also have a question related to burgard stems.

I need to know if the mounting holes for the bars is the same size as stock as on the anti-vibe stem. I am wanting to put a scotts dampner on it. If you have one would you measure width and height to the middle of the four bolts. thanks

Pappy
02-24-2004, 05:52 PM
i couldnt mount my gpr dampner on my burgard stem.

each builder makes what they feel is the best. ive used burgards without issue. they arent as heavy as the houser, but id prefer a bent stem over a tweaked frame.

the show chrome stems look pretty sweet and compare with lsr

cummingetit
02-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i couldnt mount my gpr dampner on my burgard stem.

Would you please expand on what did not work?

hondafreestyler
02-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Pappy ...
does the show chrome hold up in the "dirt" enviroment or is it more for sand ...

and the strengh & quaity compares to lsr?
what about rpm and arens??

Pappy
02-25-2004, 06:37 AM
the chrome should be fine as long as its cleaned after riding and typical care for a chrome product is followed.

i think the LSR and Burgard are real close in jst about every catagory. Ive pc'd a few arens and they seem in the same league but none of them are as heavy as the houser. IMO houser stem is over made, but still a good stem

Pappy
02-25-2004, 06:38 AM
the stabilizer used its own bar clamp, and being a plus1 stem the actuating rod was too short. im certain i could have re worked the rod or bracket that mounts to the stem clamp but i never bothered with it.