PDA

View Full Version : Union County Speedway MX races

david kelsch
02-23-2004, 02:23 PM
A friend of mine named Mike Faulk is having a 10 race series this summer. They are being held at the Union County Speedway in Liberty, IN. Its about a half hour from Haspin Acres. The track is on Indiana State Road 44 between Connersville and Liberty. These one day events are held inside the stock car track. There are lights, bleacher, and concession stands. There will be points kept and series leaders will get jackets at the end of the year.

Dates

March 21

April 4
Sept 12
Oct 3
Nov 21

Classes for bikes, 50cc oil injection/50cc non oil injection/65cc/85cc/125 novice/125cc/250 novice/250cc/senior 30+/dash for cash/pit bike

classed for quads, 2 stroke/4 stroke/sport/mini quads

Call Michael at 765/825/7756 for questions

I will probably be doing the MC over the PA system and a little racing myself. I can anwer general questions. If its class related you better talk to him.

matt400ex
02-23-2004, 08:37 PM
David,
DUDE YOU ARE THE MAN! I've been wanting to get ahold of Mr. Faulk about a racing schedule and you just did it for me! I was going to propose he do the points thing this year too. One bad thing about it is the fact that racers pay a gate fee along with their class fee. If they were to change that, I know they'd have an even bigger turn out.

Last year we made the last three races up there. I took 3rd on the first trip and won the last two 4 stroke open races on my stockish 400EX. My buddy's stock Z400 took 2nd on the last two. There are definately some nice quads out there and that track is a blast to race on! Thanks for the info man. I've been waiting all winter to get an actual schedule going.

david kelsch
03-01-2004, 02:56 PM
:eek2: :rolleyes: Michael says they changed one race.

Instead of the race being held on East Sunday it has been moved to the day before.

So sign up will be at 3, practice at 5, race at 6, under the lights for a little saturday night fever. It should be a blast.

david kelsch
03-15-2004, 02:48 PM
:D Congrats to Matt400 for winning at Haspin Acres 1st round motocross action.

It was on his Yamaha but he still has the Honda;)

It started out cold and wet, then was just cold and windy. Track looked good. You might have called it a glorified TT track. There were hardley any jumps that had any real air to them. Matt says he will be at the Liberty MX races this weekend too.

Any you Honda riders gonna stand up to the challenge?:macho

david kelsch
03-22-2004, 06:22 AM
Many apologies to those racers who showed up sunday.

The race was cancelled and will be rescheduled. The high temp for the day was under 30 with out the 10-15 mile per hour wind factored in. The track had standing water and the facility owner wasn't too excited about firing up the water and trucks due to freezing temps. The water was for concessions and restrooms.

There will be an anwering machine with race information available 24/7 in the near future. We will try again in two weeks.

matt400ex
03-22-2004, 01:08 PM
David,
I saw your EX when we were leaving. Looks nice! We had my YFZ, one 450R, a 300EX, and Jake's Z400 ready to go!
If you could, would you pass the Haspin Acres race dates along to Mike Faulk? As it stands they already have 2 conflicting dates, and one more would mean that people running both series wouldn't be able to compete in 8 Union County races. I talked to someone at the number on their flyer and they said they take your top 8 finishes for the series standing. Just a thought. Can't wait to finally get to race up there again!

Matt

david kelsch
03-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Yeah michael knows about the scheduling conflicts. His races overlap several other series as well. When I ask him about it he said there only so many weekends free. Between GNCC, the big Motocross races, and all the local stuff it was hard to not overlap. So he picked a few of everyones and called it a schedule. Why? Why can't we all just get along????

I appreciate the compliment on the quad. The best part is it rides better than it looks. Im not much on MX but I was lookin forward to ridin the pizz out of it. There is a hare scrable at haspins this weekend so I guess I can wait.

david kelsch
04-12-2004, 07:39 AM
Round two of this series went well. The weather cooperated and there were no other race conflicts so the attendance was up. There were over 150 racers making up 14 different classes. The biggest classes were the 4 stroke quads, mini quads, and 125 cc. There were quite a few pit bike racers as well. Have you ever seen a full size adult bust a 50 ft table top, with tail wip, on a 50cc bike. UNBELIEVABLE

Congrats goes to our own matt400, otherwise known as matt williams. He once again brandished the #80 YFZ450 yamaha ATV and threw down a great race finishing second. I got out and ran with matt in the first heat. I wasn't gaining much on him but did pretty well against the remaining 4 or 5 in my round. I got to third when my shifter stripped what was left of the spline on my shift shaft lever.

The Union County Speedway motocross track is small compared to Haspins big track and far more technical. Everybody likes the layout from the bikes to the quads. There are four short runs in the middle of a stock car flat track. The first run has two doubles and then the next run has whoops a bike can tear up and a quad can survive followed by a double. The third run starts with a double and then goes to a rythum section. The fast bikes will double in and triple out. Only one or two quads were able to take any doubles through there. The final stretch is a double followed by a table top and single. The big bikes triple and the quads single out. Then you enter the stock car track for a wide open run to the finish.

Its a great track that is holding up extremely well. You should come check it out. In this our second season we have only had one injury requiring the EMT's.

There will be a big weekend of racing coming up the 24th and 25th. Saturday April 24th will be a night race and then we go again Sunday the 25th. For night races gates open at two, practice starts at 4, and racing at 6. We were done presenting trophies by 11. For day races gates at 8, practice 10, showdown at high noon. These are Indiana or slow times. Camping is free but there is a $10 per person entry fee. See ya there
see ya there