PDA

View Full Version : '87 250X Reverse Problem

EXDuner
02-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Just bought an '87 250X. Not sure how to work the reverse and the guy I bought it from said it used to work but he tried and it wouldn't go. I put it in neutral and pull up on the red lever and I get the light on but nothing else happens. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an adjustment for this? Any info would be great. Thanks!

nismo
02-23-2004, 01:46 PM
i know on mine i have to put it in neutral and let the clutch out all the way then pull the lever up. if i dont let the clutch all the way out the light will come on but it wont go. its just a thought and once u get that working u should do the mod that they have on this site

sandspanker
02-26-2004, 10:59 PM
did you push the r button on the clutch lever before you pulled in the clutch? do that then pull the lever up.:macho

4TraxRider
02-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah, there's a little red button you have to push down on the clutch perch then pull in the clutch, then the red lever.

wilkin250r
02-27-2004, 10:38 AM
It should be, the first step is put your quad in neutral, with the clutch out.

You push the red reverse button down and pull in the clutch.

You reach down (with the clutch still pulled in) and pull up the reverse lever down on the left side of the engine. Me personally, I just do it with my foot.

Just as you would any other gear, you let out the clutch slowly, and you are in reverse.

To get OUT of reverse, you pull in the clutch (but don't hold down the red button) and push the reverse lever on the engine back down, and you are out of reverse and back into neutral.

EXDuner
02-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks! Works great. Do you guys recommend the mod so I can do this with my foot? Where can I get one?

sandspanker
02-27-2004, 05:02 PM
The lever should be bent just about right so you can use your heel and pull it up in reverse no mod to buy just use your heel. you will get the hang of it after a coupple of times of doing it.:p

Rebelrider4OOex
02-28-2004, 08:16 AM
yea man down buy some mod just use ur heel thats what i always did before i sold it last month for my 400ex:devil: