PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about the ATV Caddy?

RIDER11X
02-23-2004, 09:23 AM
http://www.bdiracks.com/atvmn.gif

I am considering buying one but wanted some info on it if possibile. Any pros or cons? Are they any good? Thanks.:cool:

MOFO
02-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Make sure your hitch is up to par and in good shape. :D

I have seen those, but no experience with them. I guess they would work fine...the hitch should see it no different than a trailer with about 350-450lbs of tongue weight.

sly400ex
02-23-2004, 10:18 AM
I thought about one of those too, but it seems like it would be a lot of stress on the hitch like that. Most trailors are not producing that much weight on the tongue of the trailor, they have the load evened out on the trailor itself most of the time.. just my .02:)

hondafox440
02-23-2004, 10:19 AM
My friend uses one for his dirtbike, and it works great. I imagine the ATV version works just as well if your hitch can support it.

Johnny_G
02-23-2004, 12:34 PM
I've got one I bought 2 years ago.....never had any problems with it.

It is really conveinent when you just wanna get on down the road in a hurry without messin wit a trailer.

BTW mine is for sale..........so if your interested lemme know:D

PHAT400
02-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_G
I've got one I bought 2 years ago.....never had any problems with it.

It is really conveinent when you just wanna get on down the road in a hurry without messin wit a trailer.

BTW mine is for sale..........so if your interested lemme know:D

I may be able to use that... whatcha look'n to get out of it?

:macho

PHIL_B54
02-23-2004, 03:28 PM
jonny, what truck did you pull it with? 1/2 or 3/4 ton?

i wanted one of those, but everyone talked me out of it. i still think it would be ok for short trips or a real small quad, but if you think about it the CG of the quad would be 2-3ft behind the receiver. so is isnt like having the quad weight as tounge weight, its actually more cause the 2-3ft of leverage.

RIDER11X
02-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
I may be able to use that... whatcha look'n to get out of it?

:macho

Hey now! I got first dibs on this one..............my thread!:devil: :devil: J/p:cool:

batgeek
02-23-2004, 11:40 PM
those things skeer me :eek2:

even though i have never heard anything going wrong if set up properly.

*shivers watching his quad tumbling in the road from his rear and side-view mirrors*