PDA

View Full Version : 440 ex first ride results

Ononewheel
03-02-2002, 03:59 PM
My buddy and I got his 440ex going today. Here is the list of mods to get us started:
Ims 440 sleeve and piston
TC racing GNCC cam
Decked cylinder to give .040" squish
it cc'd at 10.8:1
opened exhaust ports to match copper honda gaskets
opened big gun head pipe to copper honda gaskets
k&n filter
dynojet needle in stock carb
175 main jet-- still lean, I think 180 or 185 will do it, won't know till I try
no airbox lid
Stock gearing.....for now
The timing chain tensioner had enough in it to make up for it being decked
He was too anxious so we did not get a degree wheel on it.
Also could not locate an adapter for the compression tester to fit in the plug hole.
We only made a couple of blasts up the road, have not made it to the woods still need to get it jetted right. Seems to have MUCH power all over from idle to the revlimiter. It is topped out very quickly. 1st and 2nd gear will put you on you back in a hurry. 3rd and 4rth it still power wheelies!!!! Not enough room on the road to hit 5th, I doubt it will power wheelie fifth without some body english. Ther were no other quads to race.. but there will be. I had a 400 with a rocky ridge xc cam and a high comp piston, so much of a difference I can't even compare it to this quad. With different gearing I think it could really go. I think it would slap a stock banshee and maybe one with just pipes, any more than that and I don't know. Gearing will help it with a banshee. I have never ridden a raptor so I can't tell you about that. I don't know what else to write about right now. All in all I say it is really great. Can't wait to see it in the woods. Can't wait to put it next to my banshee.
:devil :devil