PDA

View Full Version : Maier plastic ain't supposed to do this...

spincr4hire
02-23-2004, 08:08 AM
:rolleyes:
Hopefully the "Warranty for 1 year against cracks" will take care of the cost.

seatec
02-23-2004, 08:22 AM
What happend? Roll it or was it fibrations? How cold was it when it happend?

spincr4hire
02-23-2004, 09:38 AM
broke lower ball joint, bent tie rod. I'm guessing the tire hit it, still shouldn't have broke. It was like 50 degrees.

seatec
02-23-2004, 09:55 AM
I dont know bro but i have seen pladtic brake with less of an impact then that.
Call them and see if they wanna help you out. Good Luck!

Jeffksf
02-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Tearing it up already!
How did you break the ball joint?:(

spincr4hire
02-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Jeffksf
Tearing it up already!
How did you break the ball joint?:(

don't even wanna talk about it...:(
involved a cell phone:o

gimp419
02-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Spincr I would think that the warranty would cover that crack! If you need a good price on a replacement I can get you a new set, I got a sponsorship from Maier this year. That sucks you just got that quad back together too!
You didn't hit a tree did you? That's why I stay out of the woods, LOL!

spincr4hire
02-23-2004, 10:31 AM
thanks for the offer Chase, just got off the phone with Rocky Mountain, they are going to work with Maier to get my refund. In the meanwhile, had to order new fronts. Hopefully I'll get refunded when I send the cracked fronts back.

didn't hit a tree...lets just say I shouldn't tail people so close:o

Shawn H
02-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Damn bro,
Looks like your A- arm could be bent where the ball joint goes in is it? Sorry to see your damage. L8R Shawn

Pappy
02-23-2004, 11:32 AM
:mad: dayum u boy:grr: and noone around to hand him a jackass award:macho

sucks dude:( lemme know if ya need anything

02-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire

didn't hit a tree...lets just say I shouldn't tail people so close:o

I"m guessing this was your first trip out on a quad:confused: I never follow close and will kikk somebody up that rides my *** when trail riding.

Hope everything works out for ya...:( Hell of a way to break it in after the rebuild.:mad:

Shawn H
02-23-2004, 11:45 AM
I never follow close and will kikk somebody up that rides my *** when trail riding.

So what do you do when your racing? J/K When I ride with all my buddies we ALWAYS ride each others ***. it helps in race applications, less nervous,pushes you harder and generally can make you faster.
Of course if your riding with someone that cant and you got to worry about them hittting you your going to slow.:huh

spincr4hire
02-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
Damn bro,
Looks like your A- arm could be bent where the ball joint goes in is it? Sorry to see your damage. L8R Shawn

A-arms seem to be fine, lower ball joint snapped, upper ball joint bent. Just ordered new parts from Izzy@Burgard. I guess they broke where they were supposed to, which is a good thing.

k2-dawg
02-23-2004, 12:57 PM
That suks, man!!! Did you say cell phone and quad? Where you puttin' on make-up and eye liner too??? j/k

I wouldn't think the plastic should crack that easy. Good luck.

Chino
02-23-2004, 02:37 PM
not good at all :(.... did the boy u was following cell phone ring, and he stopped quickly to answer it or what?? lol hope u get her straightened out. Are you happy with the way the ball joints held up, i mean in your eye, should they have broken and bent with what happend?

Motoman440
02-23-2004, 02:45 PM
That blows dude!!! :(

Chino
02-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Motoman440
That blows dude!!! :(

Go iron ma clothes biatch :blah:

spincr4hire
02-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Chino
Are you happy with the way the ball joints held up, i mean in your eye, should they have broken and bent with what happend?

yeah, better to replace a $19 part than an entire a-arm

Chino
02-23-2004, 06:01 PM
yeah, better to replace a $19 part than an entire a-arm

True

Motoman440
02-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Go iron ma clothes biatch :blah:

LOL!!! You'll see when one of these days ya get married and have a couple of kids and then your gonna be sending me a pm asking for the ironing board smily!!! Load up and c'mon down for some riding this weekend!!!

Chino
02-23-2004, 08:14 PM
LOL!!! You'll see when one of these days ya get married and have a couple of kids and then your gonna be sending me a pm asking for the ironing board smily!!! Load up and c'mon down for some riding this weekend!!!

lol, keep ur ironing board, and ur dishpan hands. i might come down, and let u use your toothbrush and clean my bike up. we will have to get together here some weekend soon. i was supposed to race yesterday but i've been pretty sick. im hoping to get healed up and race this sunday at mountain top in masontown. drive up sunday check it out, bring ur g/f gay 2 dog with ya.

Motoman440
02-24-2004, 06:13 AM
im hoping to get healed up and race this sunday at mountain top in masontown. drive up sunday check it out, bring ur g/f gay 2 dog with ya.

Man, I would love to do that but right now I'm lucky to get out for the day. My new son could pop out anyday now and the boss don't want me traveling very far from home. We'll hook up soon. I won't be riding much during March until the H/M ride if it still holds for the end of March. Hope to see ya there.

Chino
02-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Man, I would love to do that but right now I'm lucky to get out for the day. My new son could pop out anyday now and the boss don't want me traveling very far from home. We'll hook up soon. I won't be riding much during March until the H/M ride if it still holds for the end of March. Hope to see ya there.

Awesome man, congrats on the new son, do you know whose it is yet??? :devil:

spincr4hire
02-24-2004, 06:29 PM

:eek:

Motoman440
02-24-2004, 06:58 PM

LOL!!! Sometimes I wonder!!!:(

cool 300ex
02-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Wow that sucks i hope its covered for you. I have marier plastic and haven't had any trouble with it i ride in cold weather but my quad hasn't been wercked with it on either.

02-26-2004, 03:12 PM
i hate it when plastic cracks..my friend and i were riding and he jumped right ahead and landed harshly and knee hit the front fender and cracked

02-27-2004, 11:20 AM
LOL!!! Sometimes I wonder!!!:(

If he comes out with dark hair, skin and eye's I wasn't in your area at all 9 months ago...http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/uhoh2.gif

rollie
02-29-2004, 07:07 AM
wow that sucks i like the color of it though:D

brandonpeake
03-04-2004, 08:55 AM
if someone rides my *** i let them by then pull out the marine horn! lol just kidding

bigboy03
03-08-2004, 07:59 PM
well, replaced the front! Now show us the pics of your new damaged plastic! I'm wondering if this stuff is worth the price!:mad: Sorry buddy, Hate that your rear plastic got cracked at the GA race.

spincr4hire
03-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by bigboy03
well, replaced the front! Now show us the pics of your new damaged plastic! I'm wondering if this stuff is worth the price!:mad: Sorry buddy, Hate that your rear plastic got cracked at the GA race.

no its not, Fullbore is looking more and more worth the extra money

Chino
03-10-2004, 11:51 PM
damn dude, first ur fronts got hacked up, now ur rears???? wtf tell em they were broke when shipped or sumtin that sucks, sounds like you'd be better off with stock plastic lol... that orange on the kfx's dont look to bad, and probably wouldnt' look to bad with ur blue frame, be cheaper than maier and fullbore just an idearrrr sphincter :D

spincr4hire
03-11-2004, 05:38 AM
actually, Chinnutz, stock plastic is just as expensive as fullbore.:blah:

Chino
03-11-2004, 10:08 AM
actually, Chinnutz, stock plastic is just as expensive as fullbore.:blah:

OOOOOHHH my bad sphincter was just trying to help ya out.... SHEEEESH i hope remlapr sleeps with u at hatfield again:devil:

spincr4hire
03-11-2004, 10:21 AM
:mad: