PDA

View Full Version : spacers yes or no? please tell me

250x
03-02-2002, 03:52 PM
help please, i have a chance to get 2" spacers for front and back at a good price but need to know fast before they are gone. i ride in sandbowls and at badlands, jump but never too hard, maybe 4ft high. stock suspension on my 87 restored 250x. will they really break my ball joints and axle or is that only if your jumping like a huevos video?:confused:

beerock
03-02-2002, 04:09 PM
NO, spacers put alot of stress on the front spindles.

I guess they are ok for the rear, but I would think they would put more stress on the rear hubs too, and bend the axle.

330EXman
03-02-2002, 04:50 PM
hey dont get any wheel sparcer , they are too much stress on the hubs, also they are a pain to keep working good and a pain to deal with, also if you put them on the back they are to much if you do any aggressive riding and can bend you axle and also screw up your bearings and carriar.
also wheel spacers have a tendency to bend and warp the rims real bad,
my thought is spend the money and buy an axle, this will save alot of pain,stress, and most of all money.

later dude.

and if you dont have the money yet then wait till you do!

03-02-2002, 07:42 PM
They aren't as delicate as the other guys put it. I've had them on my front for some time now and I haven't had any problems. With a 250ex I dont think you will be going that "BIG" anyways when it comes to riding. Yes, they do put additional stress on the axle and tie rods but lets face it.... the axle and tie rods aren't made of butter. So if you can swing a good deal for the meantime till you can afford an axle and a-arms then go for it. Its a short term improvement that will make you smile.

330EXman
03-02-2002, 07:59 PM
ya man the spacers arent delicate but its something you want to save allitle more money and just but the axle, you are gonna spend $100 or more on spacers and you dont need much more. the spacers for the front arent bad i guess for trail ridin but i wouldnt get any for the rear those arent the best set up . if you really cant afford aftermarket stuff go with the spacers but make sure that all the lug nuts are torqued all the same that will help prevent rim worage and bending. also on the front you can modifle the front rims to you can flip them around and they will be offset that wil give you like 2 inches.

later man Jay

250x
03-02-2002, 08:22 PM
i have a 250x not 250ex but anyway its not that i cant AFFORD an axle and a-arms its just that i just got done powdercoating my axle and a-arms not thinking i would want aftermarket ones and have it all built now, dont really feel like ripping it all apart again. and i can get all 4 spacers from my buddy for $40! sure it puts stress on things but doesnt any hard riding?and how do you flip your front rims? i got new red labels with bandits all around and my front valve stems hit my calipers if i flip em.