PDA

View Full Version : question

r450rr
02-22-2004, 11:59 PM
is it possible to do the cam mod and the jets and keep the stock endcap on the exhaust..i was thinking of that..or would it be a bad idea.

thanks, coty

Phillip
02-23-2004, 12:03 AM
u gotta open up that exhaust and let it breath.

oldsandman
02-23-2004, 12:26 AM
It really isn't that loud with the hrc end cap. You could do the hrc cam mod but you would probably be fat on the jetting if you went to the 185 with the closed (stock) end cap. You just cant get the same flow as the hrc end cap. Too much in not enough out. It was designed to work all together for best performance.

2004TRX450R
02-24-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by r450rr
is it possible to do the cam mod and the jets and keep the stock endcap on the exhaust..i was thinking of that..or would it be a bad idea.

thanks, coty

What do you mean by cam mod? You have to put in a new cam. You can't just do the mod like the YFZs. If you mean put in a new cam then yes you can do it with the stock end cap and I'm sure you will see some gains but you won't see the full gains until you open up the exhaust. You can take the end cap off and cut it out to let it flow better. That would help out some too I'm sure. It won't hurt anything though if you just put a cam in it for now and run the stock end cap.

oldsandman
02-24-2004, 09:11 AM
I assumed that he knew that "cam mod" meant replacing the stock cam with the hrc cam. We are talking about the Honda not the yammi. I used the term to save on typing. Sorry for any confusion.

2004TRX450R
02-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by oldsandman
I assumed that he knew that "cam mod" meant replacing the stock cam with the hrc cam. We are talking about the Honda not the yammi. I used the term to save on typing. Sorry for any confusion.

It's all good. I was actually asking him. I just wanted to make sure he didn't think you could just retard the cam or something on the 450R like you can on the YFZ. Sometimes people read something like that then think one thing but it is actually another. The way it was originally worded in the first post is kinda misleading.

oldsandman
02-24-2004, 09:34 AM
You're right I should have picked that up too. I'm just lazy when it comes to typing;)

r450rr
02-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
It's all good. I was actually asking him. I just wanted to make sure he didn't think you could just retard the cam or something on the 450R like you can on the YFZ. Sometimes people read something like that then think one thing but it is actually another. The way it was originally worded in the first post is kinda misleading.

yea ,, sorry thats what i meant, changin the cam.. the HRC cam to be exact, so you would have gains, and still be able to keep it quiet.. but you wouldnt feel the full effect as with the HRC end cap.. but all in all you can us the stock end cap and it wont hurt anything right?