PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else happy with it stock

04trx450R
02-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is happy with it totally stock, I finally got mine yesterday and I love it,,, I dont even see a need to put a pipe or the HRC kit in it,,,,, I am a woods rider so I might put a 13 tooth sproket on the front, but even as is, it is bad ***,,,, I keep reading about everyone wanting to modify it. I personally am very impressed with it as is,,, I did for the hell of it take the baffle out of it and it sounds cool like that but I like the fact thatI can blast by people in the trails in stealth mode with it stock,, lol

r450rr
02-22-2004, 11:22 PM
yea i like the quiet approach to,, but whoever even sees it knows its fast by the way it looks:cool:

is it possible to do the cam mod and the jets and keep the stock endcap on the exhaust..i was thinking of that..or would it be a bad idea

walker054
02-22-2004, 11:30 PM
so far i love it, hopefully by the end of this week it won't be stock anymore, can't wait to get to florida for gnc round #2. if it is not ready the 440ex is.

Phillip
02-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Very happy with it stock. I hung with a banshee that was piped and jetted. He had me by about 2 or 3 km\h. gettin mine piped and jetted soon.

Hammer trx450r
02-23-2004, 04:24 AM
i was happy with it stock untill i put the hrc kit in. Now i feel like unstoppable. It definatly wakes it up.

Hammer trx450r
02-23-2004, 04:25 AM
i dont think its that loud with hrc kit.

Syrus
02-23-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
i was happy with it stock untill i put the hrc kit in. Now i feel like unstoppable. It definatly wakes it up.

What does the HRC kit contain, what all is it ? I know its a dumb question, but i havent seen the HRC kit yet.

MX#9
02-23-2004, 07:14 AM
The only dumb question is the one not asked. I think that the kit has a cam,airbox lid,jets, and end cap. I like mine stock too. Some people like to mod them because they relly enjoy the process, and that is cool with me. I'm just too cheap!

lukester720
02-23-2004, 09:48 AM
I liked mine stock but my buddy has been modding his yfz a lot so I have to make sure I can beat him! lol

quadsrfun
02-23-2004, 10:19 AM
I really like mine stock the only thing I have done to it is put on the 13 tooth sprocket,ac nerfs,ac front bumper, prm grab bar, power madd handgaurds. It is a blast to ride. The stock tires suck, i have the new Irazr"s on order.

2004TRX450R
02-24-2004, 02:19 AM
Yes stock it is a very fun bike. However there is always room for improvement. I haven't left a single thing I own stock. I am always tweeking on stuff to get the most out of it. So far I have just done the HRC kit but I tore it down today and sent the frame in for powdercoating and took the head off to be ported. If I can get a hi. comp. piston for it before I have to get it back together it will get that too. Then a full Duncan exhaust and it will be done for a little while. :devil:

04trx450R
02-24-2004, 04:01 PM
I agree, there is always room for improvement. I was just so impressed with what honda has done, right off the showroom floor. I will evuntually do some mods tomine, I was thinking of doing a full exhaustwith the hrc cam, but I'll wait till summer at least.