PDA

View Full Version : Broke fender

400rider01
02-22-2004, 07:58 PM
I was down in West Virginia riding my new 450r this weekend and rolled it over on its side and the rear fender cracked right in the middle and the crack is about a foot long. I was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket fenders for sale or if any one has a set they want to get rid off for some reason.
I could use a new clutch lever as well

4fiddyR
02-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Sorry to hear that, you will probably get one from honda the fastest. I don't know if Fullbore or mier got them out yet.

Ken Klosterman
02-23-2004, 10:57 AM
If you want to fix it you can use a brand of adhesive/glue called Goop(automotive or household types). It holds up very well (even to power washing!). You can find it at many places like Menards or Home Depot. You want to drill a small hole at the very end of the crack to keep it from going any further also. Take off your plastic, Run tape on the top side of the crack to keep teh plastic aligned. then flip the fender upside down and glue the bottom side first - Lay down a good bead as this will give it more support. Once that is good and dry flip it upright, take off the tape and put a little bead on the top side(just to keep dirt out of the crack). It holds up fairly well and looks waaay better than the zip tie look I've seen others use. Try it - You'll only be out a couple of bucks!! I alway keep a tube around. Ken K :D

norrisboat
02-23-2004, 11:15 AM
I will be selling my stock plastics in two weeks. hit me up if your interested.

Admin
02-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by norrisboat
I will be selling my stock plastics in two weeks. hit me up if your interested.

Looks like someone is getting some Laker Custom Plastics:D

norrisboat
02-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
Looks like someone is getting some Laker Custom Plastics:D

Yes sir!!!! Im curious what they are going to look like. Im anxious to get them. Im getting blue(Team DFR colors) first and then the silver with the black racing hood. They should look pretty sweet.

400rider01
02-23-2004, 05:47 PM
pm'ed you norris