PDA

View Full Version : what 400ex exhaust?

crashinmatt
03-02-2002, 12:39 PM
I know a lot of people have this question and theres many opinions, but I'm looking to buy either the white bros. r-series or the pro circuit t-4. I would like to know from people who actually own one of these and say if they like it or not. Also, any opinions on which of these 2 to get would be appreciated. Thanks

Dave400ex
03-02-2002, 12:57 PM
I ride with a Guy that has a T-4 Full Pipe. He really likes it. I think it`s Nice too, but I wanted a Racing Pipe. You will be Happy with it.

KJS
03-03-2002, 06:23 PM
White Bros is way to go !!!!!!!!! sounds great looks even better

Dave400ex
03-03-2002, 09:56 PM
I was Checking out Hetrick`s Site Today and saw their 400EX Pipe. I would buy that if I didn`t already have My TC Pipe. They only want $408 for a Full Pipe.

Deathbringer
03-04-2002, 12:11 AM
I have a WB exhaust and love the sound and with the other mods you need to make it works awesome.

ChadEXer
03-04-2002, 08:51 AM
When I was talking to Mickey Dunlop about a pipe, he said the WB is one of the best pipes other than race pipes!

JustRace
03-04-2002, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know how loud the r-series pipe is with the spark arrestor? I am trying to get my ex into silver lake and there db limit is 94, but they will go a little with there testing. Right now I have my big gun full exhaust but I will be selling that if I can't get it quiter after repacking it. Or does anyone know a pipe that is 94 db or just a little louder that puts out decent performance over stock? I still have't got my 440back and I don't want to have to put the stock pipe back on:(

ChadEXer
03-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by JustRace
Does anyone know how loud the r-series pipe is with the spark arrestor? I am trying to get my ex into silver lake and there db limit is 94, but they will go a little with there testing. Right now I have my big gun full exhaust but I will be selling that if I can't get it quiter after repacking it. Or does anyone know a pipe that is 94 db or just a little louder that puts out decent performance over stock? I still have't got my 440back and I don't want to have to put the stock pipe back on:(
When I bought my 400 it had an old Big Gun pipe on it that was rusted up. It was VERY VERY loud. It must have had NO packing in it!!!!! That Big Gun is like 102 db brand new!! Mine was prolly 115!!!!!! My 400 went from rags to riches. It was a huge POS when I got it,,,,but it ran great!! I have almost replaced everything now and Its lookin quite good. Im gettin to the chassis now that I got the motor sent out!!

Dave400ex
03-04-2002, 10:24 AM
I don`t think any Aftermarket Pipe is under 94 DB. The only one I can think of is the FMF Q and the PowerBomb Header. Dirtwheels said it was 93 DB. That`s the only Pipe I know of besides Stock that is under 94 DB.

JustRace
03-04-2002, 10:54 AM
Hows this what do you guys think the best one that is under 100db?

03-04-2002, 12:42 PM
If you are interested, the IDS2 from Supertrapp work great. I ride with a 300ex that has this quiet core inrsert installed. Its not loud at idle and running wide open its just a deep mello tone. Not something that will rattle your teeth out while riding hard.

Bergy
03-04-2002, 12:56 PM
I myself have a WB R4 slip-on and was also concerned with the DB's it produces. I go to Silver Lake 2-3 times a year and did some research to see what was up. The stock 400ex pipe with everything left stock is 92db's. According to the MI DNR website they are setting the standards at 94db right now as a starting points. The White Brothers R4 is 95db. I am sure the DNR will let 1db slide right now as this is db testing is new for them. It's actually an old policy that they deiced to start enforcing. I am sure through the year there will be lots of controversy over this.

JustRace
03-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Thanks that is exactly what I wanted to know about the r-4. If you wanted to know about the silver lake rules they are going to test the 400ex at 3500 rpm's. Want to know something real comforting(sp) this is the reply e-mail that I got from the person that is going to do the testing. This does not make me feel very happy with the people that are going to do the testing. They (the testers) are going to be voluntears.

Here is the response e-mail:

Shane: You mentioned the 99 400 Ex part of your machines identification but left off the brand name. plese send that along and we will check the rpm for you.

Thanks for your communication and,
"Keep on the trail"

Bill Chapin
Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan
10504 Broughwell Rd
Rives junction Mi, 49277-9653
517-569-9999 telephone
517569-9979 fax
cccbill@dmci.net e-mail
www.cycleconservationclub.org
"serving offroad motorized recreationalists since 1968"
__________________________________________________ _
Sorry this has nothing to do about motors but some of you might find it interesting. He must not get out much if he doesn't know what a 99 400ex is.