PDA

View Full Version : LEM cayman

Joecool1264
02-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Does anyone out there have any first hand experence with the LEM cayman? I'm in the market for a mini for my youngest. He's a small 9 year old. He can ride a TRX 90, but it's to big for him size wise. I think a cayman my fit. How reliable are they? We mostly trail ride, and a little duning now and then. Anyone? Thanks Joe.

Quadaholic
02-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Don't have much experience with the LEM, but thought I'd give you some insight about the 50's. I bought my 6 year old a Suzuki LTA-50 in Feb '02. worked great in dirt and duning around camp. Shortly thereafter, he wanted to start riding with the rest of the group out on the sand highway and such. The 50's lack of power was more evident out there. To make a long story short, Oct '02 we bought him an 80. If you'll be riding limited use in sand, the 50 will probably work. I have heard of some issues that the Cayman runs hot in the sand, but have not had much experience firsthand. Just my .02's.... hope this helps.

Ken

Hoggr9
02-22-2004, 07:28 PM
severalCaymans around here but no sand.
The LEM is one of the few minis that actually has some suspension.Reliability might not be quite as good as the big 4 but its not a turd.

Joecool1264
02-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm still undecided. Thanks again.

dirtmomma
02-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Well we have a Condor (same motor) & it's a good little trail & race quad our 5 yr old rides it & like Hoggr9 said they have GREAT suspension better than the TRX90 & LT's. My niece has a Cayman & hasn't had any problems w/ it, she doesn't ride it a whole lot anymore but they are definetly peppy little quads. You can modify them good too, there's a couple out here on the flattracks that just flat out scream!!! The lil man goes good on the trails & if he keeps on the throttle it will make it up some decent hills that I never thought it would. Plus they are cool looking :blah: There's a guy that put a 65 head off of something can't remember off the top of my head but it bolted right on & OH MAN you should see that thing scream right on by piped LT80's. WE looked @ the Kasea's but glad we got the LEM. We did replace the rear brake w/ a hydrohlic brake & put a different adjustable axle under it for flattrackin but thats all we've done to it, & now that I think about it we've NEVER had to put a plug in it yet & we've had it over a year, havne't taken any restrictors out yet either!! Good luck w/ your search hoep this helps some.